P3 Shell

I'm very impressed with the hard work you guys made today to get our shells out today right after having them arrive at your shop. I will use u again. Thank you very much for your diligence and promptness.

Thank you for the positive feedback. Safe and happy flying! :)

Any breaking news on the HDMI breakout arrivals?

Not at the moment, will hopefully have an update on Sunday night (Monday morning at DJI HQ). Have a great weekend all!

Reactions: bobmyers
Anybody have a link to a video on how to replace the P3 shell. I thought I saw one but haven't been able to locate it since.
Hi Fred;
I've been looking for one too, and as yet haven't found a complete one. Probably because the shells are just coming out now. You can find some info on disassembly in this video:
It's for installing retractable landing gear, but it does give some useful info.

are the shells hard to change? I cant decide if I should send it off to DJI for repair or try it myself.

I can't say on the P3 as I haven't done it there yet. But after about 160 flights my P2V+ had bad cracks on 2 of the motor mounts so I swapped the shell from my old P2V. The shells weren't exactly the same so I had to dremel a little but it was pretty straight forward. Took maybe 45 minutes to extract the shell from the P2V and an hour (going very carefully) to rebuild. It was so cool when everything just worked perfectly afterwards. And if you're doing a shell replacement you can dye or paint it first. My P2V+ is bright yellow now.

I can't say on the P3 as I haven't done it there yet. But after about 160 flights my P2V+ had bad cracks on 2 of the motor mounts so I swapped the shell from my old P2V. The shells weren't exactly the same so I had to dremel a little but it was pretty straight forward. Took maybe 45 minutes to extract the shell from the P2V and an hour (going very carefully) to rebuild. It was so cool when everything just worked perfectly afterwards. And if you're doing a shell replacement you can dye or paint it first. My P2V+ is bright yellow now.
Just bear in mind, that the P3 shell takes a little more effort to separate because of the extra interior clips DJI has installed. After all the screws are removed, there are 12 points on the seam 3, between each set of arms that have to be released. Took me a day and a lot of searching to figure this out.

Just bear in mind, that the P3 shell takes a little more effort to separate because of the extra interior clips DJI has installed. After all the screws are removed, there are 12 points on the seam 3, between each set of arms that have to be released. Took me a day and a lot of searching to figure this out.

Yes very true. And there are a number of videos that show how to do it, like this one:

Yes very true. And there are a number of videos that show how to do it, like this one:
Yea, I wish those videos would have been around when I had to go into mine to change out a motor. Had one of the original preorders -- and there were NONE out at that time:confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: Jbundy63
Yeah, that's been the hardest part for me so far. Next potential problem is that you can't get at the two screws holding the battery posts in place until you remove the main board in the center of the P3. Thought maybe I could get at it from the bottom, but after removing the VPS system and the camera gimbal, I saw that the screws were at the top, with no other way to get at them. The power leads are directly soldered onto the main board, so you have to be very careful when tilting it up to get at the screws.

Last edited:
I can't say on the P3 as I haven't done it there yet. ...And if you're doing a shell replacement you can dye or paint it first. My P2V+ is bright yellow now.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that as well. Great way to personalize my P3, and much easier to do a paint job before installing all the electronics! Now I just have to decide what colour to use. :)

Can someone for the love of God tell me where I can find a P3 Shell? I'm going to Punta Cana in 3 weeks!!! Pleaseeeeee

I could only find a P3 without RC, camera and battery for you. 550 + shipping. Someone in Moscow selling it. Call +7 (965) 266-78-76. Not sure if he speaks English.

Just ordered mine! Thanks for helping me get my P3P looking like new again!

Hi Fred;
I've been looking for one too, and as yet haven't found a complete one. Probably because the shells are just coming out now. You can find some info on disassembly in this video:
It's for installing retractable landing gear, but it does give some useful info.
Thanks for that link. After viewing that video I just decided that if and when I develop cracks, I'm going to perform a fix rather than try to replace the shell myself :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik