P3 SE or P3 Pro?

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a SE today but I was just reading that the Pro has an advantage over how you connect to your mobile device with a cable leaving your wifi free to connect online as you can see in this discussion Phantom 3 se or Phantom 3 pro?, but the argument for the SE is that the Pro isn't supported anymore, are they talking about hardware/software or both? I'm sure the SE is much better than the Standard, but these guys are saying that the Pro is far better than the SE. Any thoughts, I can buy a used 4K SE today for under $300 in great condition. I might be able to get a Pro for $50 more Thanks for any suggestions or tips.

None of the P3's are officially supported anymore altho DJI still releases updates for DJI GO 3. The P3 Pro (and its similar twin the P3 advanced) are definitely superior to the standard and 4K SE. The P3P has its own unique issue with the camera gimbal board, that if it's not cared for properly, can overheat causing video transmission loss. Any time the P3P is powered up with no props running, it should have a small fan blowing on the gimbal to keep it cool. Do that and you should have no issues. I'd go with the pro personally. I love mine.

Thanks for the input, it looks like I’m gonna have to Go with SE for now, the one with the Pro isn’t getting back to me. Well new developement there is somone locally who has a P3 Pro that is willing to take cash + trade so I might still have a chance after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdof5
I'm looking at buying a SE today but I was just reading that the Pro has an advantage over how you connect to your mobile device with a cable leaving your wifi free to connect online as you can see in this discussion Phantom 3 se or Phantom 3 pro?, but the argument for the SE is that the Pro isn't supported anymore, are they talking about hardware/software or both? I'm sure the SE is much better than the Standard, but these guys are saying that the Pro is far better than the SE. Any thoughts, I can buy a used 4K SE today for under $300 in great condition. I might be able to get a Pro for $50 more Thanks for any suggestions or tips.
I completely agree with @3rdof5 and given the choice of a P3SE now or waiting for a P3P, I would definitely WAIT for the P3P. I have owned both the P3S (very similar to the SE) and the P3P. Whole different world, so I would highly recommend the P3P.

BTW, where are you located? I have a P3P in mint condition but I would only sell locally to someone after a full flight test.

Owned both, two quite different birds. Go with the pro besides the camera improvements, is much easier to fly. And resell.
PS: much better signal reception with the Pro

Last edited:
Pro all the way... Way less hassle connecting to the bird, much further distance and more reliable signal... Buddy of mine I fly with has a standard and I have the pro, and he is cursing me every time we go flying.

edit: He gets 2000 feet distance if he is lucky... I have had mine to 16,000 feet with no problems.

Last edited:
Pro all the way... Way less hassle connecting to the bird, much further distance and more reliable signal... Buddy of mine I fly with has a standard and I have the pro, and he is cursing me every time we go flying.
The biggest leap in drone tech was the P3 to the Pro. Most upgrades still in use. Worth so much more to a new pilot.

I completely agree with @3rdof5 and given the choice of a P3SE now or waiting for a P3P, I would definitely WAIT for the P3P. I have owned both the P3S (very similar to the SE) and the P3P. Whole different world, so I would highly recommend the P3P.

BTW, where are you located? I have a P3P in mint condition but I would only sell locally to someone after a full flight test.
How much are looking to get for your 3p3?

How much are looking to get for your 3p3?
I'll need to unpack it and fully test it before making that determination. It's been a while since I've flown it.

Are you local to Philadelphia though?

I'm in Arizona . I would pay for shipping. I have a p3s that flies great. just looking for possible upgrade.

I'm in Arizona . I would pay for shipping. I have a p3s that flies great. just looking for possible upgrade.
Sorry but I don't sell via shipping, sight unseen.

There are just too many ways such a transaction can go wrong. I prefer doing a full test flight with the buyer to insure everything is working and the buyer knows exactly what they are getting. I've never had any issues buying or selling this way and both parties are happy before money exchanges hands.

This is especially problematic with PayPal where the buyer is fully protected and the seller has practically zero protection.

I would also check the classifieds for parts machines sometime. A co-worker of mine's husband had a bad day with his P3P and she asked if i wanted it for parts. I said, sure why not (thinking I'd get at lease another controller, charger and perhaps some useable parts. When I got it, the props were broken (meh), a leg pulled loose from the body, and the camera was pulled from the vibration plate. It came with 3 batteries - 1 with a cracked shell which was discarded. The other 2 had less than 25 charges on them.

Repair the Vibration plate ( or 3D print a new one) $0.00
Reattach the camera ribbon cable and camera $0.00
I replaced the leg base screw with a slightly larger self tapper (can't even see it) ($0.00 - it was layin around)
4 new props $0.00 (came with the wrecked Phantom)
Wiped the mud and grime away with solvent $0.00

Had this drone for over a year now in the fleet and she has never balked once. Literally gifted to me with 30 minutes of my repair time.

Flies and performs like my other newish P3P though the latter has the newer motors. Perfect. I feel some guilt actually. I told her it was repairable but they weren't interested - sounded like a P4 purchase excuse.

Check the classifieds.

I would also check the classifieds for parts machines sometime. A co-worker of mine's husband had a bad day with his P3P and she asked if i wanted it for parts. I said, sure why not (thinking I'd get at lease another controller, charger and perhaps some useable parts. When I got it, the props were broken (meh), a leg pulled loose from the body, and the camera was pulled from the vibration plate. It came with 3 batteries - 1 with a cracked shell which was discarded. The other 2 had less than 25 charges on them.

Repair the Vibration plate ( or 3D print a new one) $0.00
Reattach the camera ribbon cable and camera $0.00
I replaced the leg base screw with a slightly larger self tapper (can't even see it) ($0.00 - it was layin around)
4 new props $0.00 (came with the wrecked Phantom)
Wiped the mud and grime away with solvent $0.00

Had this drone for over a year now in the fleet and she has never balked once. Literally gifted to me with 30 minutes of my repair time.

Flies and performs like my other newish P3P though the latter has the newer motors. Perfect. I feel some guilt actually. I told her it was repairable but they weren't interested - sounded like a P4 purchase excuse.

Check the classifieds.
Will do. Thanks

I also have a "mint" p3p,if you're interested, let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31