P3 SE controller/linking issues

Reaction score
So here’s the deal, I broke the old antenna and I decided to replace it with the antenna array from ArgTek which has 3 individual antennas. I have installed them according to the video but I cannot link my controller with the bird. I have tried both ways to do so, (and yes I pushed the button on the bottom until it flashed). Is there something I need to know? Right now I just have a drone and a controller that are suitable for a desk display. I am also aware that I cannot simply use the P3 standard remote that I just have laying around. Do I need to replace the remote? If so where the heck do I find one for an SE? I cannot find them anywhere online. Thanks guys!

Even if wrong conection on anttennas it should still link I'm thinking,,both ways of linking,,,is that in app and without app conected ?not 100% sure but se has 2,4 and 5,8 frequency to choose from from what I seen in past,,unsure myself on difference between p3s remote and p3se remote but I'm thinking again it should work unless se in on the 5.8 band,,,,p3s is 2.4ok now me know difference,just searched and stuck it in me head,,remote signal p3se is 5.8,,,p3s is 2.4
The SE uses both the 2.4 and the 5.8. I’m at a loss

The standard will not work with the SE. I have tried my P3 standard controller and it’s a no go, I opened it up and it only has 1 panel inside which is 2.4GHZ whereas the P SE has 2. I’m wondering if the SE uses lightbridge and if so would a P3 advanced/professional controller work?

I can’t even find a replacement remote anywhere. Ugh, I guess I deserve the ol’ “Welcome to the world of drones”

Me has argtec but modified ,,those 3 anttennas gave me grief so I change some bits,,,anyway I not sure if having these wrong can upset linking, mayby Duno? Did you try link without app conected View attachment 110781
I just tried linking it without the app about an hour ago. Tried it about 10 times

OK just making sure but you did it correctly ,,Um Um. Did you try the basic reinstall of dji just in case something not right and then try linking in app,,by the way what happens in app when you try ? Does it just time out,does it ask to confirm frequency,,,I'm just going for a search cause me brain can't think remote light green and red
Reinstall of the DJI? Meaning the app?

Remove the connections from the Argtek antenna to the circuit board and then try connecting the RC again. You made a mistake with connecting the antenna. And that prevents you from connecting.

Chimney. The single antenna on the se controller is only for a WiFi signal to your phone only. It can be a loose wire it don’t need an antenna. The antennas for the ac are inside the rc in the front. Yes it uses 5.8 in the USA.

Chimney. The single antenna on the se controller is only for a WiFi signal to your phone only. It can be a loose wire it don’t need an antenna. The antennas for the ac are inside the rc in the front. Yes it uses 5.8 in the USA.
Do you know which antenna goes where?

Attachments

• A93A6E16-D3FC-4074-90A4-972103054477.jpeg
    A93A6E16-D3FC-4074-90A4-972103054477.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 175
Chimney can’t help you. I never crack open the case. But if you search this Forum I think I saw a pic of one open and showing how center antenna goes to WiFi mod.

Reactions: Chimmy
So here’s the deal, I broke the old antenna and I decided to replace it with the antenna array from ArgTek which has 3 individual antennas. I have installed them according to the video but I cannot link my controller with the bird. I have tried both ways to do so, (and yes I pushed the button on the bottom until it flashed). Is there something I need to know? Right now I just have a drone and a controller that are suitable for a desk display. I am also aware that I cannot simply use the P3 standard remote that I just have laying around. Do I need to replace the remote? If so where the heck do I find one for an SE? I cannot find them anywhere online. Thanks guys!

I don't think that antenna system is compatible with the SE. The external antenna on the SE is only used to communicate between the RC and your smart device. The antennas for AC control are inside the controller. The ARG is meant for WiFi. The SE uses a psudo light bridge protocol.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I also broke my antenna on my SE controller (they are pretty crap). So I sent the controller to DJI (Netherlands) I got a new controller back because they were unable to do a simple repair (cost 80 Euro) but it would not link with the aircraft. So after many emails to and from DJI they suggested that I send in the aircraft and the drone and after another 80 Euro they replaced both the controller and the aircaft. They indicated that this was necessary because there is a compatibility issue with some of the WIFI boards. On the plus side they did then offer DJI refresh which I took up in case I get any further issues. I then had further issues getting the drone to follow me on a moving yacht so sold it and got a Mavic Pro.

I don't think that antenna system is compatible with the SE. The external antenna on the SE is only used to communicate between the RC and your smart device. The antennas for AC control are inside the controller. The ARG is meant for WiFi. The SE uses a psudo light bridge protocol.
Be sure the black wire is longer than the white wire to confirm it is compatible with the SE and not the Standard. My first arg for the SE arrived for Standard and I had to exchange it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl