P3 Retractable Landing Gear

Reaction score
Great news. A ton of you have asked for retractable landing gear for your Phantom 3, and now they are here. These retracts will keep the landing gear out of your shot as well as setting your Phantom apart from all the others.

Toggle the landing gear up or down via the Flight Switch. Full install takes only 45 minutes.

They normally go for $249 + shipping, but i'll let them go for $229 + free shipping to USA (international $7).

PM me for details or to buy.
Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 10.31.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 10.30.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 10.30.23 AM.png

Reactions: dirkclod
What about the compass?

Where does it mount.

What about the compass?

Where does it mount.
The retracts include a mount for the compass. You unscrew the compass from the landing gear and place it on the body of the retracts. It is un-effected by the movement of landing gear.

Be nice to see that.

Thanks!

Me & my inspire don't mind;) well that's me from the other side & this side of the forum:D

Looking good Jacob;)

Hope you don't mind Jacob, just watched the install video. Figured I'd share it. If you don't want it here feel free to delete it. Install looks pretty straight forward.
Any chance of them coming with silver mounts for the Advanced model instead of the gold?

I'd like to see a version that use the ultrasonic & optical sensors to automatically raise & lower the gear. Go above or below 2 meters and the gear raises or lowers on its own.

Two questions:
1. How much is the flight time affected from the legs being up blocking the prop thrust?
2. What is the purpose of retracts? You mentioned the legs not being in the view is the purpose, however I never see my landing gear in my P3 videos. If the camera swung around 360 like the inspire, then retracks would be awesome. However it would look cool! Cool factor is high.
3. Does the craft still fit in most cases, like the microraptor hard case?

Two questions:
1. How much is the flight time affected from the legs being up blocking the prop thrust?
2. What is the purpose of retracts? You mentioned the legs not being in the view is the purpose, however I never see my landing gear in my P3 videos. If the camera swung around 360 like the inspire, then retracks would be awesome. However it would look cool! Cool factor is high.
3. Does the craft still fit in most cases, like the microraptor hard case?
I was thinking the same thing! Now all we need is a Phantom mount for the Inspire 1 gimbal and we could build an 'Inspire 1 Lite Edition' that could be carried to more remote locations than the I1, in a backpack.

One potential purpose of the retracts (other than looking cool) is that they allow the P3 to be stored in a much thinner case or backpack. I am in the process of cutting my own custom foam for a 5.11 Rush 72 backpack, but with this upgrade I could easily detach the camera and carry it in a small case while fitting my P3P into a much slimmer pack.

Two questions:
I would suspect very little. Lift doesn't happen because of the air blowing down, that's a side effect. The lift happens right at the prop itself. Once the air leaves the prop blade, its no longer doing any work.

what is the point of a rectractable landing for the p3?

other than setting apart from the rest ots useles...

I was thinking the same thing! Now all we need is a Phantom mount for the Inspire 1 gimbal and we could build an 'Inspire 1 Lite Edition' that could be carried to more remote locations than the I1, in a backpack.

One potential purpose of the retracts (other than looking cool) is that they allow the P3 to be stored in a much thinner case or backpack. I am in the process of cutting my own custom foam for a 5.11 Rush 72 backpack, but with this upgrade I could easily detach the camera and carry it in a small case while fitting my P3P into a much slimmer pack.
The problem with a thinner case scenario is you'd have to remove the camera and reassemble each time you fly, that seems like a hassle. So the drawback outweighs the advantage in my opinion. I'm sitting on a flight to Seattle right now with my P3 above me in the overhead storage, in a $50 backpack. It works pretty good for $50.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl