P3 Range

Reaction score
I am new to this drone experience, so I suppose this will be a basic question.

is the flight range of the P3 (approx. 500m ) limited by the controller and its range ? If so, can you get a different controller and get an extended flight range?

which p3 you have

you can mod your controller to get further distance
upload_2016-12-25_19-46-25.png

hope that helps you can usually get 3 miles with that on controller

nope changing rc wont due anything and yes it will increase a lot all depends where you fly it at if in a wide open area then yes will go at least 3 miles no problem but helps a lot in a congested area

nope changing rc wont due anything and yes it will increase a lot all depends where you fly it at if in a wide open area then yes will go at least 3 miles no problem but helps a lot in a congested area

Ok, I see. I will look into getting additional antennas then. I will need to research it a little

I was a little surprised as I flew it for the first time today that it did not go to far at all, I would guess approx. 400 m. I attributed to crappy weather, but it was an open area and clear line of sight and all that. Same location where my brother in law had introduced me to his phantom previously (don't remember the model)..The point being is that his range was measured in Kilometers...so imagine that I did a double take when I barely made 1/2 Km.
Do you think it was weather related, or does it sound as roughly the right range for an out of the box P3 4K?

weather plus a p3a and p3p will out due a p3 4k all the time

Reactions: loonie01
Make sure you dont have a max distance set in your dji go app or are in beginner mode. If your not in the U.S. I believe your transmitter has reduced transmission power. (FCC/CE modes). There is a work around for this also called the "Papatita mod". Only useful if your in a CE area.

Reactions: hotashes
I own a P3 4K as well. Although my P3A has much better range, I can still get close to 1600m range with my P3 4K (open space + windsurfers). Make sure you adjust your antennas according to aircraft position.

So what will adding antennas to the drone do? Meaning, will it make achieve a nominal increase in range or will it be dramatic?
In noise free areas yea .Add a panel like flpholt showed ya and with all your settings right this is my norm on just runs .
3.2.jpg 3.39 miles.PNG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.