P3 Professional 1.6 firmware update issues

Mine was bricked doing an upgrade to 1.5. It would start and then make a steady tone. If you load the SD card and look in the misc folder there is a more detailed log file. If it says that some wade ices were not found you need to send it in. They got mine back in less than 3 weeks

I had this problem, but I didn't see that file. I was eventually able to get it to update, as you can see from my above posts.

I have exact problem too but I lost the signal and was still on version 1.3.20 after 50 flawless flights

I accidentally erased the DCIM folder on the sdcard. Will I have any problems with taking photos or videos and how do I get the folder back if I need it?

The folder will be recreated on its own.

Reactions: Volitant_Soul
in the dji go app click on general settings (top right) and scroll on the way to the bottom and click on about.
Got it up and flying. After loading all the updates went back and deleted the GO app and re-installed it. Works fine now Using Ipad Mini 4 with IOS 9.1.

Well here's two of us with the exact same issue at the same time..
Guess I will call DJI.. the week after Christmas. I'm sure their customer service will be up tot he task.
Are you using the SD card that came with your Phantom? Mine won't work with a bought SD card ,but works with the one it came with,Just a thought!

I replaced the original sd card w a 64 gb 4K Pixtor Sandisk from Bestbuy. It was only $50.00 and made by same company that charges 170.00. Formatted it in the ac then removed it and loaded the bin file. Works great

I had to delete my DJI Go app and reinstall it in my IOS MINI 2 device . A usual upgrade from the App store wouldn't correctly update my App resulting to crash the App as I tried to connect the camera with the latest firm ware update.
Had no problems with the latest firmware update otherwise.
Flying is all good

Mine was bricked doing an upgrade to 1.5. It would start and then make a steady tone. If you load the SD card and look in the misc folder there is a more detailed log file. If it says that some wade ices were not found you need to send it in. They got mine back in less than 3 weeks

Mine did this but it was a couple flights after I upgraded, first it started losing the video feed while flying and the app would crash. Since the app was crashing I thought it was the cheap proscan tablet I was using. So I bought a Samsung tab s (great screen btw) but no joy, still had the same problem. So I took the camera loose and saw the cable connector that went between the camera and ODFM module was on a little angle to the board. I tried pushing it in and the whole connector pushed back into the module. Turned it on and would just get the steady god awful tone
So I disassemble the whole thing and found the connector had come loose from the board it was soldered to. Since the solder tabs were not bent I can only assume it was a cold solder, Re soldered it to the board and it is good to go. Two flights today in cold temperatures with no issues.

I had this problem, but I didn't see that file. I was eventually able to get it to update, as you can see from my above posts.

Hi Holt,
Can you confirm that your P3 had the device not found errors in the log? My P3 is having the same issue and DJI said to sent it back, which I will do but if there is a chance that multiple restarts might work I would try that first.

Thanks,
Stephen

Hi all, Today I tried for about 3hrs to update my p3pro from. Version ending 20 to latest ending 40, no luck tried always , in the end just tried 1 up 30 and it updated with no trouble apart from updating controller, would not upload, I then give up with updating controller and downloaded latest firmware again onto card placed it back in phantom and low and behold it downloaded fine? Tried with controller by card/stick/and USB method, but no luck , still can't update controller ?

DJI is a scam . Mine worked though but boy how a company can mess up so much with all these FW are beyond me . Just heard a guy on npr today that just got his xmas drone and it fell out of the sky . First thing o thought cold battery temp. I'm thinking of petioning the FAA to deem these crafts unsafe to fly until they get their act together with FW . I had a flyaway ( yes I always thought that was a myth or someone who doesn't have a clue) on 1.5 , luckily a tree stopped it and the craft actually survived minus the gimbal mount but was easy / cheap to repair. DJI said they don't warranty their FW your on your own with that , but on the same breath told me I MUST update the FW to the latest version. I said 1.4 is fine on my inspire 1 I'm not doing it your FW already messed up my p3p and she literally demanded I update my FW . You must she kept saying . I said it's mine I can do what I want and she got really mad . I said hey I got 5 grand into this thing it's my business you guys need to get it together. We're all spending a lot of money here . Wait till the nightmares from geo fencing.

One good competitor like the Plexidrone PlexiDrone | Portable. Powerful. Professional. | Meet PlexiDrone - Worlds most portable, powerful, and professional camera drone. and they will lose many customers. You all know I had a dreadful experience and they finally made it right but it took me drafting a Summons and Complint and treatening to sue and writting countless emails. They claim that they are aware of their poor customer service and that the explossive growth of the company is the reason that they could not keep pace on the customer service front. I beleive that they are really trying to improve things but the question is will they do it in time. Competition in the space is heating up. If GoPro releases a great drone they will have problems becuase GoPro support is outstanding. I do agree with Milton that they need to slow the pace of their FW upgrades. Unfortuantly, if they were falling out of the sky I would imagine that one was necessary.

If is a very load Beep Beep Beep that usually indicates a failed firmware upgrade. Download the latest firmware. Place only the bin file on the SD card and put in phantom. It will scream and beep for about 20 minutes it will eventually stop and beep lower and normally and install the firmware
I get nothing but loud beeping when I turn my p3 on. Never been in the air.
it

If is a very load Beep Beep Beep that usually indicates a failed firmware upgrade. Download the latest firmware. Place only the bin file on the SD card and put in phantom. It will scream and beep for about 20 minutes it will eventually stop and beep lower and normally and install the firmware

it
Exactly it. Thanks.

it
Important to only have one bin file. Insert and you should get D D D D , D D D D. Once the downloading is completed you should hear a change of sound like: D DD, D DD........

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj