P3 Professional 1.6 firmware update issues

I have a month old P3P and trying to update the firmware from my current 1.5.30 to the 1.6. I have three SD cards a 64gb SandDisk micro xc1, SanDisk Extreme Pro micro xc1, and the manu Panasonic 16gb. I have formatted all three cards via the aircraft module. I have uploaded the latest 1.6 bin file from the DJI website and placed it in its own root file.

I stick the card into the aircraft and turn it on. I do not get any beeps and the gimbal platform light is a solid green. I have left the card in the aircraft for 30 minutes for each SD card, trying all three SD cards with the same results. I do not get any TXT files either or a failure/success message. I am at a loss....

My versions are:

App 2.4.3
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70

Any suggestions are welcome...

What is exact name of file on sd card ? It sounds like you may have the wrong one.

I kept restarting it. as soon as it goes solid red, forget about it and restart, with the same SD card and Firmware installed.

I think my problem was that I kept formatting the SD card, then trying another fresh firmware install.

P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin

I rolled back to this firmware update. Is there a problem with this firmware that might cause the P3P to fall out of the sky?

I have a month old P3P and trying to update the firmware from my current 1.5.30 to the 1.6. I have three SD cards a 64gb SandDisk micro xc1, SanDisk Extreme Pro micro xc1, and the manu Panasonic 16gb. I have formatted all three cards via the aircraft module. I have uploaded the latest 1.6 bin file from the DJI website and placed it in its own root file.

I stick the card into the aircraft and turn it on. I do not get any beeps and the gimbal platform light is a solid green. I have left the card in the aircraft for 30 minutes for each SD card, trying all three SD cards with the same results. I do not get any TXT files either or a failure/success message. I am at a loss....

My versions are:

App 2.4.3
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70

Is the .bin file in a folder? It should just be on the SD card without anything else.

P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin

I rolled back to this firmware update. Is there a problem with this firmware that might cause the P3P to fall out of the sky?

My versions are:

App 2.4.3
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70

The file is the same version you have already. The upgrade file should be P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin for the battery fix.

What is exact name of file on sd card ? It sounds like you may have the wrong one.

Stujol,
Here is what I have on all of my SD cards as well as my P3P versions. Thanks for your help!!
Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 2.01.11 PM.png
IMG_2967.jpg

Is the .bin file in a folder? It should just be on the SD card without anything else.

Holt, here is the .bin file in its own directory. When I formatted each SD card, the DCIM folder is placed in its own directory. Thanks for your help!!!
Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 2.01.11 PM.png

Thanks Wingman do I need to each update in order or just do the latest version
Hey TC,
Don't follow my lead:) My quad will not update so I am seeking help from the members. I was replying to a couple of members who had questions for my problem. Good luck!! There are a lot of good guys on this forum willing to help us newbies.

Your file name is wrong, P3X_FW_V01.06.0040-7.bin should just be P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin

Thanks Stujol!! I have no clue how the 7 got in there as it was downloaded directly from DJI's website. I will get rid of it when I get home tonight and try again. Thanks a bunch!!

Im new to all this ... how to I check the current version of what is installed ... i have new phantom just out of the box and have update required warnings for everything
in the dji go app click on general settings (top right) and scroll on the way to the bottom and click on about.

Your file name is wrong, P3X_FW_V01.06.0040-7.bin should just be P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Update....Its UPDATED:) Thanks for your help...something so simple I overlooked. Apparently each time I deleted and downloaded the bin file, the MAC created a version number so to speak at the end of the file. Lesson learned...now for this snow to go away!!

Well, trying to upgrade to the V01.06.0040 has BRICKED my P3P. Tried absolutely everything and it fails to update to any firmware version I try. The DJI Go app now says "No Signal" and there is no output from the camera to the iPad.

Good one DJI! You've released a Firmware update that your own app instructs you to update to and it has STUFFED my P3P, which WAS working fine until this!

Okay then, it may not be "stuffed", but it is at the moment. Any ideas anyone?
Mine was bricked doing an upgrade to 1.5. It would start and then make a steady tone. If you load the SD card and look in the misc folder there is a more detailed log file. If it says that some wade ices were not found you need to send it in. They got mine back in less than 3 weeks

Update....Its UPDATED:) Thanks for your help...something so simple I overlooked. Apparently each time I deleted and downloaded the bin file, the MAC created a version number so to speak at the end of the file. Lesson learned...now for this snow to go away!!
Glad to hear, I was suspecting that from the start. Been there but mine was a pc that renamed the file because I already had one in the folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik