P3 pro flipped after landing

Reaction score
Hi my p3 flipped over after landing. I lost GPS signal so I tried to land. It bounced a few times and flipped pinning itself under my neighbors car with motors spinning full throttle sending sparks and small rocks everywhere. As soon as I grabbed it the motors stopped. I removed the top cover to remove dirt. One of the motors doesnt spin well. a little grinding as well. I was looking at the main board and noticed a loose electrical coponent. Its inline with the bad motor its round shape its glued in two spots to the electrical board. It stands 1/2" high off the board. The glued spots have separated from the component. And is loose. There's three of them on the board the other two are nice and tight. Can I reglue it or do I need a new board??

Post a picture that shows the impacted area clearly and close up.

The loose component is a electrolytic capacitor, if the leads are still connected to the PCB a bit of hot melt glue should stabilise it mechanically.

Hopefully you will get it running again.when you do, watch how you land the bird. What you described sounds like a classic case of using the "both joystick down and toward the center" to stop. Many of us, myself included, have had the dreaded flip. The best way to land is to just pull the left stick straight back and hold it. The bird will descend at an optimum speed, land and the motors will stop after a couple of seconds. You might want to consider hand catching your bird too. Virtually eliminates the chance of a flip and helps to keep dirt off the camera.

I never ever let mine land. I catch it and throttle down until it shuts down. I've had this happen. Just catch it and forget it.

Thank you for your tips and replys. I got her back in the air and works fine. I did forget to mention I was using the new propellers with led lighting on them. I'm not sure if using those could of somehow messed it up. I didn't like the way it made it fly so I didn't stay up in the air long. Anyways thanks again.

Thank you for your tips and replys. I got her back in the air and works fine. I did forget to mention I was using the new propellers with led lighting on them. I'm not sure if using those could of somehow messed it up. I didn't like the way it made it fly so I didn't stay up in the air long. Anyways thanks again.
Good chance. While there is no reason an aftermarket propellor might not provide good reliability and performance there is no guarantee- as good a reason as any to advise against their use, particularly given the OEM offerings aren't expensive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl