P3 motors for p2 vision+?

Reaction score
i was wondering will the phantom 3 motors and esc fit in the p2 vision+ as I think I have the faulty esc that burlbark & hunch mentioned (http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...d-a-brand-new-phantom-2-vision-v3-read.32368/) should I change mine they have the blue marks on the esc's & will the new motors and esc from the p3 fit? or get the good version of the p2 ones? Thanks. (Sorry if this is a repost)
Regards Leon

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Might be a little early to know about upgrading the P3 motors and ESC's to ours yet but can't wait to see :)
Who knows.... they might have the same problems with them :eek:

Reactions: PhantomOfTheSky
Might be a little early to know about upgrading the P3 motors and ESC's to ours yet but can't wait to see :)
Who knows.... they might have the same problems with them :eek:

Agreed, in addition to possible and likely physical differences, and because the consensus around here is that the P3 doesn't use a Naza, the ESC's may operate at a different PWM refresh rate to obtain the 'improved performance' touted by their adverts.

Like dc said...'a little early'.

Yep your right dirk just gotta wait I suppose , I think I'll just get the non faulty esc's in the meantime

Last edited:
Agreed, in addition to possible and likely physical differences, and because the consensus around here is that the P3 doesn't use a Naza, the ESC's may operate at a different PWM refresh rate to obtain the 'improved performance' touted by their adverts.

Like dc said...'a little early'.
thx rw sound advice

Yep your right dirk just gotta wait I suppose , I think I'll just get the non faulty esc's in the meantime so I don't drop like a 1500g brick
LOL ! I'm **** sure skippy on that but more like lead than brick ;)
ESC's for sure !!

Reactions: PhantomOfTheSky
as the P3 motors are running 4 cells I don't think they will perform the same on 3 cells in a P2, probably a downgrade??

"The test pilots' discussed a new 'braking' feature during flight that automatically flares the craft to slow horizontal movement by actively slowing specific motors. This would suggest that the ESC's have been updated, and potentially the motors too."

according to this article they are suggesting that ESCs and motors are all upgraded in P3
https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/phantom-3-differences-hands-on

Reactions: Apparition
Thanks for the link Hunch, they offered a very good overview.

Thx for the advice and well analysed thoughts & helpful link to compare models [emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31