P3 landing then RC dies/lost connection (What would happen?)

Reaction score
Guys,

Got a question to some whom have experience on this situation.

Scenario:
You set or triggered your P3 to LAND (via DJI Go APP and NOT due to battery being low). The P3 is 100M away from you/RC/homepoint.
Then while the P3 is landing the RC loses connection.
What do you think would happen?

A. P3 continues to land on the same spot.
B. Failsafe RTH gets triggered.
C. P3 Hovers and cancels landing.
D. P3 explodes and the ends the world as we know it. (couldn't think of anything else..
smile.gif
)

Guys,

Got a question to some whom have experience on this situation.

Scenario:
You set or triggered your P3 to LAND (via DJI Go APP and NOT due to battery being low). The P3 is 100M away from you/RC/homepoint.
Then while the P3 is landing the RC loses connection.
What do you think would happen?

A. P3 continues to land on the same spot.
B. Failsafe RTH gets triggered.
C. P3 Hovers and cancels landing.
D. P3 explodes and the ends the world as we know it. (couldn't think of anything else..
smile.gif
)
I dont have any experience with that exact situation, but if a failsafe is actually a failsafe, my guess is that since it was 100M from the homepoint that it would initiate a RTH if the auto landing had not yet completed. I'd like to know for sure however, so if you test it please let us know.

my guess is that since it was 100M from the homepoint that it would initiate a RTH if the auto landing had not yet completed. I'd like to know for sure however, so if you test it please let us know.
Even if the landing had completed it is going to RTH on losing controller signal.
There are lots of cases of people turning off the controller while their P3 was idling and having it take off causing them to (mistakenly) think it was a flyaway.

Even if the landing had completed it is going to RTH on losing controller signal.
There are lots of cases of people turning off the controller while their P3 was idling and having it take off causing them to (mistakenly) think it was a flyaway.
A completed auto landing includes a motor shut down. You are saying it would start the motors, lift off and RTH? If so, that's great to know.

A completed auto landing includes a motor shut down. You are saying it would start the motors, lift off and RTH? If so, that's great to know.
I don't know - I've never used auto landing and was commenting from the perspective of a normal landing.
Easy for someone to check

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj