What to do when you lose signal?

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am sure that this has been covered quite a few times, bit when searching i still haven't found the exact answer to i was looking for.
I understand that when your Phantom loses signal with the TX, it'll enter RTH mode, which is to fly back to what Home is, or hover or Land- In my case and most people's cases it is fly home.

My situation is that, I was flying directly above myself in my garden- a good UK garden, with trees surrounding the fence, then i lost signal completely- RTH was triggered and i can see my phantom descending right above me. It was around 100M and yet the signal has not reconnected- the issue here it was going to descend on a tree or someone's roof unless i was able to move it 10 meters to my left as RTH never seems to return to the exact spot (for me anyway) - I panicked and turned my TX off then on again to see if it would help with the re connection.
Luckily it does and i was able to guide my Phantom down safety.

My question is. What do people do when this happens? does the connection reconnects automatically when in range and did i do the right thing with turning the controller off then on?

Thanks!

does the connection reconnects automatically when in range
Yes.

Were you pointing your antennas correctly?

P3-Antenna-Position.jpg

You're right, it has been covered quite a few times. In almost every case that I recall, the antennas were not correctly oriented as @msinger suggested.

I always try as much as possible to NOT fly directly above myself.

Antennas were parallel, and facing the right direction, was even pointing the controller up to the sky at one point in hope that'll work.

If you watch this video you will see that due to the orientation of the antennas on the aircraft, it is not recommended you fly directly above yourself. Also return to home didn't land at the launch point because you were flying within a 20 meter radius of your home point so the aircraft will then descend and land where it is.
RTH.jpg

Did you happen to notice if you still had a green light on the controller itself?

S

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20