P3 + FPV Goggles

Reaction score
I noticed that the P3 controller does not have a HDMI output like the Inspire (at least the wesbsite shows it that way). Does this mean there is no way of viewing the lightbridge stream on FPV glasses and the only option is to use a tablet?

The potential of long-range FPV with glasses is really attractive - so being limited to tablet only would be a shame.

Does anyone know if any FPV glasses work with the tablet-link that is provided?

By the way - I know the regulations require the pilot to not use FPV - however, the glasses could be used by others.

Thanks in advance for any info/guidance!

Over on rcgroups they are saying you'll be able to buy an adaptor that adds the hdmi. They are also saying you can switch the part on the back of the controller and simply add that portion from the inspire controller. Supposed to be available soon.

Thanks for the answers. Looks like there is no 'cost effective' way of doing it - just yet anyway.
I imagine any controller upgrade is not going to be cheap, and the epson moverio is 700 bucks!

At this moment I think that using a nvidia shield is the cheapest option. That may change if the rumors are true that Dji will release a dongle with hdmi out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At this moment I think that using a nvidia shield is the cheapest option.
The NVidia Tablet has an HDMI output
Great specs compared to iPad Air.

16 GB Wifi version sells for $299 at Amazon
See
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Over on rcgroups they are saying you'll be able to buy an adaptor that adds the hdmi. They are also saying you can switch the part on the back of the controller and simply add that portion from the inspire controller. Supposed to be available soon.

Could you me direct me to the discussion over at rcgroups where they are saying this? I'd like to follow that thread. Do you have the exact link? Thanks.

I noticed that the P3 controller does not have a HDMI output like the Inspire (at least the wesbsite shows it that way). Does this mean there is no way of viewing the lightbridge stream on FPV glasses and the only option is to use a tablet?

The potential of long-range FPV with glasses is really attractive - so being limited to tablet only would be a shame.

Does anyone know if any FPV glasses work with the tablet-link that is provided?

By the way - I know the regulations require the pilot to not use FPV - however, the glasses could be used by others.

Thanks in advance for any info/guidance!

You want to do long range fpv with a quad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31