P3 Discontinued Soon?

It's difficult for any manufacturer to produce all the products all the time but it's their responsibility to provide repairs/ spares for good period of time.

Where did you read that DJI is discontinuing P3 manufacturing?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I doubt this is true. DJI is still selling some P2 accessories on their website.

Discontinued - as in no longer sold and firmware not upgraded anymore at DJI? I personally think it will be discontinued this fall, but it's just my own hunch based on what happened with the P2V. But if that happens you will certainly still be able to buy them from other retailers.

Reactions: Goldsaum82
Yes, everyone. I realize we'll still be able to buy parts and/or units from other retailers (until they sell all of their P3's).

What I meant by the post is that we will likely see DJI stop production/sales/advertising of the P3 line. I've already read that the P3 4K has been discontinued. With the P4 and Mavic Pro, I can foresee DJI continuing to offer some type of entry-level unit (I.e. The Standard), and doing away with the P3A and P3P. The goal behind successful marketing is to avoid confusing the customer(s). Having 5 consumer-grade drones is confusing and unnecessary. Will we still be able to access parts and service for our P3's. Yes. Will they likely be discontinued soon by DJI? I'm betting on it...

Maybe the professional and advanced may be done away with but if they are smart, maybe not the standard.
Surprisingly, not everyone, including me, has $1000+ laying around to invest in these toys and all the expensive extras you need to go with them like batteries.
The standard is DJIs cheapest drone and lets everyone get into aerial photography without going completely broke.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers