P3 Controller Replacement Battery

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My P3 4K controller battery is obviously having issues. When the charge starts getting down below about the 40% mark, it dies completely. There is no recharging it unless I pull the controller apart, unplug the battery for a minute or two, then put it all back together. Then, it charges and works fine as long as the level doesn't drop too much. I have been looking online and apparently DJI wants you to buy a new controller as they do not make a battery replacement available?

Just wondering if I am on the wrong path here and if there is, in fact a replacement battery to be had somewhere.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

My P3 4K controller battery is obviously having issues. When the charge starts getting down below about the 40% mark, it dies completely. There is no recharging it unless I pull the controller apart, unplug the battery for a minute or two, then put it all back together. Then, it charges and works fine as long as the level doesn't drop too much. I have been looking online and apparently DJI wants you to buy a new controller as they do not make a battery replacement available?

Just wondering if I am on the wrong path here and if there is, in fact a replacement battery to be had somewhere.

Thanks!
i have them actually.
just to clarify, you need the battery for P3 4K controller (battery fit from P3 A/P/4K controller) and NOT the P3 Standard controller, correct?

Reactions: TerKelDing
i have them actually.
just to clarify, you need the battery for P3 4K controller (battery fit from P3 A/P/4K controller) and NOT the P3 Standard controller, correct?
Hi Hunch,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, mine is a Phantom 3 4K and NOT the P3 Standard. Could you please pm me the details?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 470
Hi Hunch,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, mine is a Phantom 3 4K and NOT the P3 Standard. Could you please pm me the details?

Thank you!
different battery,
i was almost 100% sure that the P3 4K controller has the exact same battery as the P3 A/P which my batteries are from.
same voltage and connector but bigger battery.

Attachments

• IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 309
different battery,
i was almost 100% sure that the P3 4K controller has the exact same battery as the P3 A/P which my batteries are from.
same voltage and connector but bigger battery.
Thanks for checking hunch! Wow, how crazy is it that DJI makes these batteries virtually impossible to find? Making me second guess the Phantom as a keeper if a minor part like this is such as pain in the rear to source.

Thanks again!

Thanks for checking hunch! Wow, how crazy is it that DJI makes these batteries virtually impossible to find? Making me second guess the Phantom as a keeper if a minor part like this is such as pain in the rear to source.

Thanks again!
what's sad is that the battery inside the P3S (standard) controller is completely different then P3 A/P or P3 4k controller. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4