Controller Battery

Reaction score
New Phantom 3 Standard. The flight battery lowers voltage after a specified number of days. There is no such mechanism for the controller batteries. Should we leave the controller on between planned flights until the lights how about half used up? Are the controller batteries replaceable?

There is no such mechanism for the controller batteries.
No. There is no need to attempt to drain the remote controller battery. Just charge it up when it gets low.

Are the controller batteries replaceable?
DJI does not sell a replacement battery. If your battery ever needs to be replaced (not likely), you can send your remote controller back into DJI for repair or open it up and replace it with a compatible battery.

No. There is no need to attempt to drain the remote controller battery. Just charge it up when it gets low.

DJI does not sell a replacement battery. If your battery ever needs to be replaced (not likely), you can send your remote controller back into DJI for repair or open it up and replace it with a compatible battery.
So the controller battery does not have the same requirements as other Li-Pos?
Thanks

No.

Where could I buy a 'compatable battery' for a DJI Phantom 3 Remote Controller? Mine needs replacing because I am getting a red flashing light and continuous beeping when trying to charge. DJI guidelines suggest this could be a battery problem, so I'd rather try that first before buying a whole new controller. Thank you.

Where could I buy a 'compatable battery' for a DJI Phantom 3 Remote Controller? Mine needs replacing because I am getting a red flashing light and continuous beeping when trying to charge. DJI guidelines suggest this could be a battery problem, so I'd rather try that first before buying a whole new controller. Thank you.
take the battery out and check it first. it my not be the battery.

I have the battery out. It looks fine, but I cannot test it for power (do not have correct equipment). I'm just taking a gamble on it being the battery. I just want to source the company that make the batteries and get another one.

I have the battery out. It looks fine, but I cannot test it for power (do not have correct equipment). I'm just taking a gamble on it being the battery. I just want to source the company that make the batteries and get another one.
should have the voltage and maH rating on the battery. just do a google search. get the same voltage and at least the same maH battery. you can make one a little longer fit by cutting a little plastic from inside the controller. When I had mine apart I thought about doing it so I didn't have to charge it as often.

As long as you follow Voltage/Amperage you can put whatever size mAh battery you want in it.

You are charging with controller off? Some have tried with it on.
Have you tried another source to charge your remote?

Is it easy to switch out the connections at the end of the wires on lithium-ion batteries? Would I shock myself? ;) I see several suitable batteries for replacing the battery in my remote for my P3P, but the connections look slightly different. A picture of the battery I need to replace is attached, as well as a picture of the battery I think would be a suitable replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_5200.JPG
    IMG_5200.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,629
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 6.03.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 6.03.04 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,677
i have a spare parts donor controller shipping is 7 bucks, shoot me a fair offer for battery from controller 3 months out of box

Re read. My battery is for Standard Controller.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20