P3 and RC not connecting

Reaction score
Hi, I can't link the my newly purchased DJI P3 Standard to my RC. I have followed up all the steps and went as far as having a video live feed on the DJI GO App. However the P3 is not connected: I found out when I could not calibrate (press calibrate on the DJI GO App but nothings happened). Eventually I noticed the LED status on the RC stayed RED. I then searched how to link the P3 to the RC: I tried the App way of doing it or the alternative method by toggling the S2 button and turn the gimbal wheel to the far left: in both cases it triggered the beep sounds from the RC but then nothing happens. The weird thing is that the the linking status LED on the P3 keeps flashing green whether I push it or not with a pen during the linking process: I cannot find reference of a flashing green linking status LED light: the DJI manual says it is supposed to be red or green or flashing red… but no mention of flashing green! I have the feeling it is a firmware mismatch between my RC and P3 but I uploaded the latest one (1.6.80) when unboxed my P3 yesterday. I am keen to reset/force a firmware on the P3 but I cannot find out how to do so. The DJI GO app is not prompting any new version so I am stuck! I have been trying for 6 hours (searching forum, reading manuals, etc..) and it is very frustrating. Anybody can help?

I'm a little confused.
If you had live video on your device (phone/tablet ) I believe that would say you had connection.
Your device connects to the RC'S WiFi, then the RC connects to the Phantom.
Next, you said you pressed calibrate on the Go app.
I am assuming, you're referring to calibrating the compass.
When you press the calibrate compass, there should be an instruction appear on the device screen, instructing you to perform the calibration by picking up the Phantom and rotating it 360° twice. (Once level, and the second time nose down)
You didn't see that instruction graphic?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You are correct: I did not see the graphics. I pressed "calibrate" on the App and nothing happened next (I have seen the video tutorial and I am 100% sure I did not see the graphics). This is why I investigated to better understand: I found out that my RC does not seem to be "fully" connected to the P3 for the following reasons:
- The LED status light on the RC (on the left side of the LED battery lights) stays RED
- On the App, If I press the "auto take off" function, nothing happens and I get a "failed command" message
- On the App I get the "Nacelle not connected" notification, the info from the P3 are not dsplayed 'for example "N/A" for battery status.

I tried the alternative way of linked the RC and P3 by togglinf the P2 switch: it activated the "beep beep" from the RC but RC and P3 do not connect after 60 seconds. I still get the flashing green led linking light on the Drone. The Drone status light flash slowly yellow (safe to fly but poor GPS signla) or green slowly (safe to fly)...

Thanks RodPal. I did this already but just tried again just in case but it does not work: the problem is that the Link button (led) on the Phantom is flashing green all the time weither I push it with a pen or not. No matter what linking method I se - through the app or using the gimball Wheel and S2 toggle - it does not work: the issue seems to be on the craft. This is very frustrating because mechanically speaking, everything else is functionning properly. Now I am turning over to DJI support: I have the dilemna to return the unit to the seller (Amazon Market place UK) and pay at least 60 Euros to send it back or send it to DJI through RMA process assuming they will be able to fix it for less.

problem fixed by DJI Customer Support Under warranty. It took a week and I did my first flight today (atlast): great fun. I am a happy man (euh... pilot!)!

Good to here, your linking problem was very rare to me. Did they tell you what they did?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.