P3 Advanced won't update Aircraft Firmware v1.10.90

Reaction score
I downloaded the file, extracted/unzipped the bin file, and pasted it onto the memory card using the micro USB cable. I unplugged the USB cable from the drone, and nothing. The gimble light just stays green. It doesn't flash between red and green, and it doesn't turn red, it just stays green.

After many attempts, I decided to try v1.8.80 instead, and it updated sucessfully. However, the drone's propellers would not power on even though the app said that drone was flying. I deleted v1.8.80 and tried v1.9.60, and got the same result. The drone would sucessfully update, but the propellers wouldn't power on even though the app said that it was flying.

Notes:
*I kept the controller off while trying to update.
*The battery is fully charged.
*The controller's firmware has been successfully updated.
*I did unzip/extract the bin file before putting it on the memory card.
*In the app, I get a Firmware Upgrade Required message, that says the aircraft and the camera need to be updated.

I can provide more details if necessary.

If you are using 1.8.80 AC firmware, make sure your RC firmware is 1.6.
1.9.6 and up AC firmware uses RC 1.8 They are not compatible with each other.
Give that a try. Also, try taking the card out of the AC and use an adapter, not the
Micro USB port. Make sure the card is empty and only the bin file is in the root directory.
After update, delete the bin file from the card before powering up the AC and RC.

Did you try loading the .bin file directly with it inserted into your computer then putting the SD card in the slot on the gimbal. Then fire up the aircraft.

Did you try loading the .bin file directly with it inserted into your computer then putting the SD card in the slot on the gimbal. Then fire up the aircraft.

I would but I don't have an adapter at the moment.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found one. I will try it right now.

EDIT 2: I just tried it and the light is now flashing red/green. Hopefully this will work.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31