not sure if accidentally updated firm ware
connected usb cord to transmitter and phone
used original I phone 8 plus opened app said firmware update needed
not sure if firmware updated or not
drone fires up lights flash
no video
says not connected
here I am drone fires up and that’s it
wow when I really thought I could just take my drone out fly with my grandson I cannot do it I’m 64 years old I just get frustrated easy and guess all the things that may have come easy are not sorry for the pity party but thanks for lending an ear and all the help in advance Jim

I wanted to throw this piece of info out there about I thought I updated firmware .when I got the drone years ago my son went thru a lengthy process of firmware update we thought we were suppose to but we haven’t done that again I said I thought had but that would not be possible
I apologize again but you can see I need all the help I can get lol

Similar topics but maybe some help on mine p3a haven’t flown maybe a year
first time forgot to connect usb cord to phone and transmitter
not sure if accidentally updated firm ware
connected usb cord to transmitter and phone
used original I phone 8 plus opened app said firmware update needed
not sure if firmware updated or not
drone fires up lights flash
no video
says not connected
here I am drone fires up and that’s it
wow when I really thought I could just take my drone out fly with my grandson I cannot do it I’m 64 years old I just get frustrated easy and guess all the things that may have come easy are not sorry for the pity party but thanks for lending an ear and all the help in advance Jim
Hi yes it's frustrating I'm 70 and when it comes to this tech stuff I struggle. But I just received a new usb circuit board I ordered and I'm going to put it in tonight .if it does not connect I think I will just take it out for a one way flight to wherever it goes

The only thing I can get mine to do when I power up the batteries it make noise and gets 2 flashing lights and 2 solid lights
Does that mean I have more problems than others.?
is their something I can do to fire up the drone / motors and fly it manually with no video feed etc.?Wow please hang in their with me i have really confused myself even more
jim

I’m sorry I had said in an earlier post the drone fires up I meant IT ONLY FLASHES 2 lights and 2 steady lights the copter motors did not spin

I’m sorry I had said in an earlier post the drone fires up I meant IT ONLY FLASHES 2 lights and 2 steady lights the copter motors did not spin
I have two p3ps that will not connect to app and video, both will start the motors and actual fly but no video nor app support. Still working on trying to download firmware . Both drones do the same thing and i changwed controllers and changed the usb circuit and new cables and tablet etc, tried it all but no success

also i heard that upgrading the firmware is the problem and some say to downgrade back older firmware fixes problem, but i have not got to that as of yet, will be trying as soon as i can figure it out

Upgrading the firmware on these old drones has proved to be a no-no! Almost everybody gets problems.
The only thing I can get mine to do when I power up the batteries it make noise and gets 2 flashing lights and 2 solid lights
Does that mean I have more problems than others.?
is their something I can do to fire up the drone / motors and fly it manually with no video feed etc.?Wow please hang in their with me i have really confused myself even more
jim
I presume these flashing lights are on the RC? Look at the manual, page 27/28 where it explains all the LED's.
Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 08.45.59.png

Contact DRONE OPTIX.

Yes they are
2 red lights in front not flashing
2 back yellow lights rear flashing
I will view the manual

Yes they are
I will view the manual
dont worry about the lights on the drone until you bind the controller to drone, red lights are ok and the yellow light mean magnetic interference so make sure you are not near metal , first bind the controller to the drone.

Not a good place to do it as there probably loads of iron re-bar in. the floors and walls?? Depend what the b building is made from.
Yes they are
I will view the manual
Never mind the drone lights, what are the lights on the RC doing, especially the L/H one.

Rebar in floors wood walls
trying to bind and fly manually never done this before

Hi Was wondering if you had any luck w your drone, and by all means please do not send it off to nowhere. Most importantly more than likely this is not your fault. As Cheddarman mentioned DJI updates are notorious for turning a perfectly good drone into a paperweight, and of course take absolutely no responsibility whatsoever. So these issues can definitely be worked out, let me know. Allen

ultimate toy man and Chedderman helped me tremendously by sharing their knowledge

Yes I got it worked out using old I phone 8 with old DJI go app and resigning in to my DJI account also I believe by binding the bird and flying line of site may have helped

So glad to be of help. It's good practice flying without GPOS, hones your skills as a pilot.
Happy flying.

Last edited:
Update drone and transmitter now working with nvidia shield tablet
GREAT

Same display that I fly with, very nice image and the hdmi output is icing on the cake. Fair winds and following seas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.