New-flyer requesting help about dji go connection issue

Reaction score
Hi guys.. I need your help for what seem to be the most popular issue, these days, with our fantastic copter.I have a phantom 3 ADV togheter with a controller GL300C.

I can't connect to transmitter via Dji go app anymore.
I've tried for two entire days everything I've red on the net, and maybe all those trying have made the problem bigger then it was at the start.
Yesterday morning I connected my android device to the controller, succesfully entered the app but I was unable to connect to the aircraft, message "disconnected" all the time... Drone not recognized by the app.
I've tried then to resync controller to AC via app, but instead of the usual "searching for the AC", the app done nothing... simply kicked me out from the research, returning in the same menu.
so I tried to resync the controller pushing C1-C2-Rec and later and togheter the shutter, and succesfully connected to the AC. It can fly smoothly, move and record from gimbal... but from that exact moment I've been unable to connect the app anymore... It show only "inspire" camera, and the grey label "how to connect" under my phantom 3 ADV page.
I've tried two different android and two different ios system, ton of different cables, reinstalled app so many times my phone is hot as hell...
Nope.
Worst part it seems, when I connect the smartphone, that this start charging but Android never prompt me on a choice for activating MTP, or thetering, like it does when i connect it to the PC...
It's like the transmitter can't comunicate any single data via the USB to the point the phone simply think to be in charge in a wallmount.
If I try to connect the controller to the pc (micro usb from controller to standard USB in the PC), the PC succesfully recognize the controller, so I could maybe hope it's not a totally defective usb-board... Dunno, only hoping.

In the aircraft there is the last firmware 1.11.0020, but I can't check what's the firmware in the controller, stated that the app doesn't connect. Maybe there's a chance to downgrade controller firmware via USB?! but I don't think so, cause it's too much time Controller accept firmware only via APP.
I'm in trouble, and I'm sure someone of you could help me! Thanks
By the way, I'm Italian, living in the northern-western part...

If your Android device has done a system update recently, you may need to go back in to your settings and enable "Developer Options" and enable "USB Debugging" from there. That's a starting point for you to look at.

Reactions: toiranesedoc
If your Android device has done a system update recently, you may need to go back in to your settings and enable "Developer Options" and enable "USB Debugging" from there. That's a starting point for you to look at.
Yeah, it's one of the first thing checked on my list... and no, i tried with it enabled, disabled and all the tethering option via usb with no result.. but thanks for your help... any other suggestion?

Hmmmm....Try this sequence:

1) Power up RC ( Without your device connected)
2) Power Up the Aircraft ( Wait and verify the RC and AC are connected by Green Light on Controller and Aircraft)
3) Connect your device to RC

If you are not "prompted" by Android, open the app and see if it connects.

Hmmmm....Try this sequence:

1) Power up RC ( Without your device connected)
2) Power Up the Aircraft ( Wait and verify the RC and AC are connected by Green Light on Controller and Aircraft)
3) Connect your device to RC

If you are not "prompted" by Android, open the app and see if it connects.
Tried many times... light on the controller is green, lamping one time every 2-3 seconds...
But app show always “how to connect”...
the transmitter doesn’t see the phone as connected...

The green light should be solid and not blinking. If I am not mistaken, that means that you are not fully bound to the AC. Try re-binding again without the device connected. Or it could be a firmware mismatch from the controller. If re-binding doesn't work, I would look around here and use different keyword searches for the issue you are having. You may find your answer.

My phone did the exact same thing, tries to charge phone from the controller. Was using drone earlier and upgraded controller firmware. I also have tried everything I can think of. Controller flashes green and ac is solid green on front of gimbal and on side its green. I deleted the go app and that's when its started "charging" from the controller. When I use a different device on the controller, the app screen opens but its dark and says Disconnected.

My phone did the exact same thing, tries to charge phone from the controller. Was using drone earlier and upgraded controller firmware. I also have tried everything I can think of. Controller flashes green and ac is solid green on front of gimbal and on side its green. I deleted the go app and that's when its started "charging" from the controller. When I use a different device on the controller, the app screen opens but its dark and says Disconnected.
I had tried everything i've found on the net for days... noway...
Probably I had a faulty usb module on my gl300c..
I preferred to find a used RC on ebay for around 100 bucks to use, until a usb module replacement from china arrives... then I'll mount it and, if funcionality restored, I will re-sell the used one i bought for around the same amount.
Otherwise I will keep the used one and sell for part replacement my original faulty controller

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20