P3 4K not getting much love. :(

Reaction score
Been wondering why the P3 4K don't get much love. Everyone is all about the P4 or the P3 Adv/Pro... the 4K is an excellent bird. Films just like the pro. It might not have lightbridge, but is it really that much of a jump?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Goldsaum82
DJI stopped selling the P34K a while ago. That must say something about its popularity.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
I bought a P3 4K about 2 months ago. It works great and I think it's a good intermediate level drone out of the DJI line up with respect to price, safety features, and camera quality.

I just created a thread on this last week. I own the P3 4K, as well as the P3 Advanced. Without a doubt, I love my P3 4K just as much as my P3 Advanced. People say the P3 4K is basically a P3 Standard with a 4K camera. This couldn't be further from the truth. With the P3 4K, you get VPS, a better transmitter, a better camera, and slightly better range (I've easily hit 1400m w/ a bone stock transmitter). I only paid $599 for mine back in July. In my opinion, it's the most underrated P3 in the lineup. Yes, Lightbridge is far superior to Wifi (I'm blown away by the range I get on my P3A). However, many people only fly LOS, therefore not requiring the range that Lightbridge offers. I'm a bit surprised that it was discontinued. Hopefully there are people out there getting them for a great price while they're still around.

I just created a thread on this last week. I own the P3 4K, as well as the P3 Advanced. Without a doubt, I love my P3 4K just as much as my P3 Advanced. People say the P3 4K is basically a P3 Standard with a 4K camera. This couldn't be further from the truth. With the P3 4K, you get VPS, a better transmitter, a better camera, and slightly better range (I've easily hit 1400m w/ a bone stock transmitter). I only paid $599 for mine back in July. In my opinion, it's the most underrated P3 in the lineup. Yes, Lightbridge is far superior to Wifi (I'm blown away by the range I get on my P3A). However, many people only fly LOS, therefore not requiring the range that Lightbridge offers. I'm a bit surprised that it was discontinued. Hopefully there are people out there getting them for a great price while they're still around.

I purchased mine around the same time. Got it for that same price. I couldn't agree more with everything you have said.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought my P3 4K about 2 months ago as well. Under the right conditions I get a range of up to 1400m which I think is pretty acceptable. Video quality is great but video stream is pretty unreliable. If I'm flying only 4-500m its pretty good. I use windsurfer if I fly farther and have had video at 1400m but at that distance I usually use Litchi and waypoints.. So far the bird has always come home.
So the 3 4k has been discontinued?? That sucks. No wonder the f/w cannot be updated from 1.05.0040 I was hoping to try the latest for the the P3S
Any suggestions about better range extender??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik