p2vision+ allmosy flyaway? non vs dji props self tighting help

Reaction score
Hi
let me start off this is my first post here and here's my problem I bought a used dji p2v+ that had a broken gimbal I had it fixed and up dated it via the computer and flew it twice with out any problems worked great with dji props
I acquired several non dji self tighting props and went out to fly it today using the non dji props because there in better condition than my dji props and after calibrating the compas and preforming all flight checksand making shure the gps had our exact location via the dji vision app. I go to take off and I get to a hover then it just starts accelerating up fast and I had some control and was able to barrely and I man bearrly bring it back down but I saved it.

so heres my test I proformed I teathered the phantom to the ground to a stump with about 50 feet of ice fishing braided line light but strong. I attached the non dji props and proformed all flight checks and calabrated the compass I attempted to take off and boom the same thing it started to take off verticaly by its self till the string caught it then I pulled it down via the string turned it off
then I took the non dji props off and attached the dji props and restarted the unit calibrated the compass and preformed all flight checks and attempted to take off and it did what it was suppose to acted normal flew fine

so heres my problem has any one ever heard of this before or has it happned to you let me know kinda scared to fly it un teathered lol

thanks bryon

9443 vs 9450 props?
Shouldn't be due to the GPS unit is telling the FC what the ALT is all the time... Strange...

I haven't had that issue but I've never used non-DJI props. The safe bet would be to order a new set of genuine DJI props.
I agree I'm not putting non dji props on again

Look deeper, props can cause vibration but not normally can affect the actual operation of Phantoms flight as fas as what you are describing.

Look deeper, props can cause vibration but not normally can affect the actual operation of Phantoms flight as fas as what you are describing.
its defently prop related look up the amazon xoxo phantom props I will post more info tomm

Bryon, bad props can cause erratic behavior and vibration but only the flight controller can tell you quad to fly off or as you describe accelerating up fast. I would double check those calibrations again. Dont think that bad props will do the behavior you described. All the sensors and Naza M give the input info from GPS and all to the flight controller. The only time it should do as you described is if it was trying to gain altitude to RTH height or do a Failsafe lost controller. Any info come on screen as to what was going on. As long as the RC was working properly you should have had full control. Bad props will make it act a little stupid but you should still have control and it should not accelerate on its on. Look deeper at your problem.

Bryon, bad props can cause erratic behavior and vibration but only the flight controller can tell you quad to fly off or as you describe accelerating up fast. I would double check those calibrations again. Dont think that bad props will do the behavior you described. All the sensors and Naza M give the input info from GPS and all to the flight controller. The only time it should do as you described is if it was trying to gain altitude to RTH height or do a Failsafe lost controller. Any info come on screen as to what was going on. As long as the RC was working properly you should have had full control. Bad props will make it act a little stupid but you should still have control and it should not accelerate on its on. Look deeper at your problem.

heres a link to the video I made today testing stoc dji props , gemfan carbon fiber and the xoxo knock off props
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

9443 vs 9450 props?
Shouldn't be due to the GPS unit is telling the FC what the ALT is all the time... Strange...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

wow! Thanks for the comparison and almost the destroying of your bird to show us all

I have the OXOXO variety and don't have any problem with them. I did have some other aftermarket props, FC, which I found gave me no performance at all. Now not sure if there is a difference between the OXOXO or your XOXO props.

I have the OXOXO variety and don't have any problem with them. I did have some other aftermarket props, FC, which I found gave me no performance at all. Now not sure if there is a difference between the OXOXO or your XOXO props.

those are all generic, one batch may be good another crap
use a prop balancer to check and rebalance if you do use them

those are all generic, one batch may be good another crap
use a prop balancer to check and rebalance if you do use them
after further inspecton of the props the cord and root of the prop were not the same ase stock dju causing totally different flight kind and amount of thrust plus the thinner plastic when spun up changes the pitch also

after further inspecton of the props the cord and root of the prop were not the same ase stock dju causing totally different flight kind and amount of thrust plus the thinner plastic when spun up changes the pitch also

a few folks seem to dismiss just what a bad/unbalanced prop can really do to flight characteristics.
I have seen what mine did last spring when I thought I was saving money on props...lucky I still was able to land in one piece.
Factory DJI only for me.

I have leaned over time that even if something shouldn't cause that problem, I will never say never!

to many things do things they shouldn't ...

good luck and have fun flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31