P2V+ won't start - Help diagnosing light pattern

Reaction score
BACKGROUND INFO: this is my Uncle's quad, that he crashed into a lake. I believe he retrieved after roughly 15 minutes, and let it dry for a couple weeks before trying anything.

I've checked the battery connectors and they all look fine, the batteries are good (work in my P2), but when I go to turn it on, all 4 LED's flash green once, quickly, and then the rear left LED gives a quick red blink. I also can see that the LED on the inside of the phantom is red, whereas on my P2 that worked, it's green.

Would the one red blink indicate a bad ESC on that arm?

Thanks for any help - or if someone has links to ESC discussions/info that I could read, that would be BOMB :)

My first Phantom was a water crash. It is a good way to learn about the components, (that's if you are so inclined). Esc's are stressed when the props are kept from spinning, due to the density of water, even for a few seconds. More than likely you will need to replace the rear, left ESC. It can be a domino effect, I.E., replacing one leads to another. Definitely trial and error. However, you might get lucky, as 10 Phantoms crashing into the water will have 10 different sets of problems. It's the nature of micro electronics.The red LED on the main body usually means the TX has dropped the link to the quad. Try re-binding the two. If that doesn't work, there may be internal problems with the RX, located next to the main mother board. Good luck and have fun. :}

You will have to do a very extensive diagnostics. Anytime electronics are energized (powered on) and are introduced to water, components can short out and weaken. Some components have micro inline fuses that will blow when a short circuit arises. Water itself doesn't normally damage components on boards and circuits, just the shorting. Same as spilling a glass of water in a laptop that is powered on. A lot less damage if it was off. I would be very suspect of the ESC's first as they are more likely to be damaged due the load and heat on them when they hit the water. Good luck, but I'm sure you can bring her back.

P2v+V3
I crashed mine into "fresh" water from about 10 feet. I pulled it out, took the top off, unplugged everything and blew it out real good. I let it set over night. The next day all was well except 1 motor/ESC. It turned out to be the ESC. I soldered a new one in and put it back in the air. No problem. Now I will say this, I retrieved it after about 15 seconds; therefore, the inside never got saturated (small vents). I imagine it might be different if it was "water logged". I know it would be different in salt water.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj