P2V+ Wifi Dead

Reaction score
I have two Phantom 2 Vision Plus. One works flawlessly with my iPhone 6. The other is new and I cannot get the wifi to connect to the same iPhone. I have updated all software, charged all batteries, and when turning on the Range Extender the system light blinks green very slowly, about once every 5 seconds. There is no action when pushing the reset button. Consequently, I cannot bind. My Wifi analyzer does not recognize any Wifi signal from the Range Extender. I have tried every solution on every forum that I can find. I am exasperated. Is there any solution for this?

Reaction score
Did you try binding bird in question, with extender that you know works?
May be a bad extender? At least that would be deleted from list of possible problems?
Do you have android device?
If so download ( InSSIDer ) app, about $8 I think, but it can find hidden wifi signal, if extender is ok, try scanning bird on only, no extender no RC, see if you see a signal ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) this will tell if your wifi unit is working in bird! Just start deleting possibilities,and you'll find your solution! Lastly, since you have 2 birds, are you sure you are binding correct Mac addy! Might have them mixed up? Hate to say that, but has happened to me before, I have 3 p2v non plus models! Can get confusing sometimes!

Hope this helps!
J Dot

Reaction score
My phone picks up the wireless network however when I go to the app it says connection broken. Think its a app problem?

Reaction score
are you positive your bird is giving off a wifi feed? As your tx will throw out a 5.8ghz signal, your extender will have a 2.4ghz signal, and your bird will have a 3rd signal also 2.4ghz ( hidden address ) or your MAC address!. So with everything ON, you should be able to scan 2 clean signals, and 1 HIDDEN signal. They will start with 60:60:1f: as it is DJI's unique code, IOS apps don't work, as this tech has been banned by Apple, but android has the InSSIDer app, which works beautifully! But cost $.
But at least you'll know, and it will also reveal your Mac addy to that camera.
It is actually 3 connections being made in your wifi signal.
Connection 1) Phone ( phone talks to extender only )
Connection 2) Extender ( extender talks to phone, AND bird ) back and forth
Connection 3) Bird ( bird talks to extender only )
Any of these connections fail, and you get what your seeing ( connection broken )
The problem is there, 1, 2, or 3?

Next,
If you feel it is an app issue, try to DELETE, and reinstall app! May help! Might help delete a few possibilities from #1?

I would start deleting possibilities? May be a simple fix like ribbon cable not all the way inserted? Or burnt wifi unit, or app issue! Start with the obvious, then move to the bigger items!

J Dot

Reaction score
I'd go BINDING ISSUE on this, sounds oh too familiar, but mine is a non plus, a bit different but operate the same! Just sounds to me like your camera is not bound to extender? Due to????? Like I said, if start simple ( check all connections CLOSELY ) verify you have hidden signal? Try resetting extender and rebinding it to camera Mac addy, try deleting app ( power cycle phone ) reinstall the app, things like that, until you track it down!
Don't give up!

J Dot

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usVince