P2V+ ARRIVED - with issues

Reaction score
Good afternoon all.. So my P2V+ just arrived.. during unboxing i noticed that the cover to the spare battery (bought a combo pack w/ extra) was off. The power button came off, the top piece was off. Now it goes back together no problem, and appears ok. WOuld you guys try and get it replaced?
Problem being, amazon fulfilled the order and would request the entire package back...
Thoughts?
cant wait to get this thing outside :)

EDIT : ill also say this box has been opened before.. The two pieces of tape on the front of the box looks like they have been removed/reapplied, and the small clear circle sticker on the charger box appears to have been opened before.
EDIT 2: The paper inside the box was secure like it was new from the factory.. Its almost as if they either re-used the box and put in a new quad, or sealed it up immaculately. Im suspicious for sure
EDIT 3: Im not sure if it should be in CE or FCC right from the factory but mine is in FCC, 2 beeps when powering on mode.

Would you agree that something is wrong? My take is that it went back to the vendor (Kellards) from DJI as new... DJI had to repackage it because it had the paper inside connected with glue.
It definately was in FCC mode, so that was triggered.
Just curious if anyone else has had this happen.
thanks

If it was me I'd probably return it. The factory-sealed tape appearing to be reattached is suspicious that it's a product return, so therefore you don't know what kind of abuse that Phantom has been through. Amazon has a very liberal return policy so I would request a return or exchange and make sure you get a brand new one that hasn't been opened. I've returned about 5 items to Amazon in the past 6 months and they never gave me a hassle about it. Also, I'd order a Phantom directly from Amazon and not one of their A-to-Z Marketplace vendors. I bought mine from B&H Photo so I knew I wouldnt get snookered into getting a returned Phantom.

My Vision+ came factory programmed in FCC mode so that's not unusual.

Im going to place an order for a new one from amazon (anyone have a reseller that amazon resells through that is good and reputeable?) and return this one when i get the new one. IM going to fly it until then though. This crap p*sses me off. $1250 for a NEW product and you get refurb crap.

So i have heard of companies putting in their companies card, or pamphlet or whatever so the outside tape doesnt shock me . or they re -used the box. I just thought that the FCC mode was interesting, but i guess thats not uncommon.
The battery being broken (still works) may just mean rough handling.
Everything else appears ok.
the fact that the DJI factory ribbon was attached like it would be from the factory would only mean it was repackaged, possible with a new phantom, but they re-used boxes (charger etc).

Its interesting to say the least.

AFAIK all the P2V+'s come in FCC mode from the factory. If you are suspicious that it is a refurb, you should return it. The battery is an instant return issue. Returning it introduces your worst nightmare: MORE WAITING.

Yeah exactly... I dont mind buying a new one, and returning this for refund when the new one arrives. but in the few flights while im waiting, if something happens.. OOOPS haha
i do feel comfortable that the quad is new. ive looked it over in every type of light for any signs of wear. there is none... camera and gimbal look the same. untouched. you would think even one flight would show at least something.
Man this sucks

EDIT: it was through Kellards, but fulfilled by amazon... so B&H would be a good one huh? anyone else? with the recent price drop, seems harder to get :)

Was the additional battery inside the main box?
That would explain it being opened, they don't do a 'kit' with a second battery inside.
If the battery can be inserted and removed without the top coming off again it doesn't seem worth sending the whole thing back.
I'd contact them and see if you can just get the battery replaced anyway.

dunginhawk said:
Im going to place an order for a new one from amazon (anyone have a reseller that amazon resells through that is good and reputeable?) and return this one when i get the new one. IM going to fly it until then though. This crap p*sses me off. $1250 for a NEW product and you get refurb crap.

I'd just buy a new Phantom directly from Amazon at $1,159.00 and there's a 2-battery special I see for $258.00 (from a vendor besides Kellard's). If you have Prime then you still get free 2-day shipping on everything. Trust me, you'll need those extra 2 batteries or otherwise your flying trips will be bitter short and not very sweet.

You tried so save a few bucks and you got burned. Lesson learned.

You should also think about buying it from B&H Photo. There was a fella who crashed his Vision+ a few months ago and called up B&H and they shipped him a replacement unit free of charge. You dont get that kind of service at too many online retailers.

4wd said:
Was the additional battery inside the main box?
That would explain it being opened, they don't do a 'kit' with a second battery inside.
If the battery can be inserted and removed without the top coming off again it doesn't seem worth sending the whole thing back.
I'd contact them and see if you can just get the battery replaced anyway.

yes the battery was inside the main box (perhaps hence the opening) . i didnt know it didnt come inside there, as a pack... good to know.
So yes, there are clips that hold the end ON to the battery, then there are apparently plastic pieces that hold it on permanently. The perms are broken off (very small, have to imagine 1 crash would break those anyway) but the clips are fine.

So yeah, everything appears totally fine. ALl the original factory paper around the TX and the box itself there there. Of course, they would have had to pop that seal to get the battery in there.

Could they have literally only done it to save a few bucks on shipping a separate box?

This puzzles me greatly.

And i didnt try to save a few bucks as one person stated. Its the same price EVERYONE pays for this bundle. I bought it on amazon prime, same as anyone would. Amazon fulfilled it... The kellards place had good feedback, as most do.
Im a cautious person. this could have happened anywhere

So i just got off the phone with kellards.. here is the info.

1. They put the battery in there like that on purpose. Because when they used to send them to amazon to fulfill amazon would take the extra battery and put it separately on the pile of batteries, and not ship it as a bundle. So they begin putting them in the box like mine was. He said they can slide them in easily without breaking the factory seal.
2. THey are sending me a brand new battery, in the box, overnight and a pre paid return label to send the broken battery back.

They have 99% feedback on amazon so I kind of have to give them the benefit of the doubt, as thats all thats really concerning me, was the open box.

Id like to see if you guys feel similarly? would you take their word for it?

Yeah... if they put the extra battery in the main box, that's the explanation for it looking like it was opened. There's no way, short of a teleporter, of getting it into the box without opening it a little.
If everything else inside appears pretty sealed up - Phantom, props - I think you're fine.

If they're going to replace the battery for you, seems like you're golden. No need to return the whole thing. And, bonus, no wait to speak of.

Go out and fly, man! ;)

Yeah, fantastic to deal with. QUick answer on the phone. Props were all 8 in sealed bags, 2 in each of 4 sealed bags.
I feel comfortable with it... wish i didnt have to go to the neighbors for dinner tonight :(

ProfessorStein said:
......If they're going to replace the battery for you, seems like you're golden. No need to return the whole thing. And, bonus, no wait to speak of.

Go out and fly, man! ;)
But only if you have read the manual and re-read it and watched several videos on how to correctly fly one of these fun machines. Many problems for those that have not in the past.

ive watched no less than 40 hours of video on youtube, all the tutorials etc... S1 and S2 are both in the up position.
Transmitter shows FCC mode.
Upgraded firmware on the bird.
Batteries charged in the WIfi extender. App installed.
Will do calibration when i first go out. Then wait for 20 quick green flashes, then steady green flashes .

I have also got a few hours of flying on a mini quad, and blade MP something or another too.
im excited )

Happyflyer said:
But only if you have read the manual and re-read it and watched several videos on how to correctly fly one of these fun machines. Many problems for those that have not in the past.

I fully agree 100% with this strategy.

My Vision+ sat on my workshop table for a week before I even put the props on for a test fire. Before I even bought it, I had watched hundreds of hours of YouTube videos about how to fly this thing, possible things that can go wrong, and all types of antenna mods. I downloaded the User Manual PDF and read it front to back 3 times. Once I finally took it outside for it's cherry-poppin' flight, I felt very confident about my ability to fly it without crashing into a tree and waving bye-bye as it soared away into the next county. It's maiden flight went perfectly and I even hand-caught it on the first try. Only had one "soft crash" so far but that was at around 3 ft. hover altitude as it gently careened into some weeds. No damage except some chlorophyll juice on the props. :mrgreen:

Make sure you goose the throttle when u take off then let go and hover 6-10 ft off the ground. Follow the flight instructions in the training guide on your first flight. After you land hold the left stick down for greater than 3 seconds to stop the props. Don't use the csc. Less chance of a tipover.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl