P2 Zenmuse/Go Pro Power Question

Reaction score
Sorry in advanced if this covered elsewhere but when the gopro is in the gimbal do I need to have the Phantoms power on for the gopro to turn on?

Here was my issue. This was my first flight attempt. It was extremely cold and I tried powering up the gopro. It was dead. I was holding the power button..I think. I switched out the battery. I thought I tried to power it on when it was out of the gimbal, maybe not. Replaced battery in gimbal and tried powering. Nothing. All this was done prior to turning on the Phantom's battery.

I then tried to fire up the phantom and got a bunch of flashing lights. By mistake the S1/S2 levers where flipped down and I got flashing lights I never saw before. It was so cold I just quit.

I got home and powered up the Phantom first...noticed my issues with the S1/S2. Repowered. Everything was ok then. I then looked at gopro (saw the red power) then proceeded to turn the gopro on.

So I wasn't sure if the gopro required power from the phantom (even if the gopro was full charged). If not maybe the cold or my freezing hands had something to do with it.

Can anyone solve the mystery?

No, Phantom does not need to be powered up to have GoPro on, PROVIDED your GoPro has some charge to it.

I've had my GoPro recording when Phantom didn't have battery loaded yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31