P2 Low battery forced landing

Yep. I cannot think of a reason that this is happening. It just started out of the blue.

Charge them up and check the current on both as these quads don't fly on voltage alone. Storage also plays a big part on how well these batteries will last and preform.

I ordered the 6000mAh batteries from US dealers as they were the same prices as the 5400mAh at around $55 dollars. China and Hong Kong want to much and shipping takes to long so I wait till US dealers get their stock in and buy from them.

It has to be a software problem somewhere.

You also have to rely on the manufacture of those aftermarket batteries like how good is their quality control (which is something they lack) their more interested in our money then quality.

Software has nothing to do with it.
How can you possibly come to that conclusion when the software is the direct controller of the cutoff and emergency landing voltages. It is the sole decision making entity that controls that.

Last edited:
You also have to rely on the manufacture of those aftermarket batteries like how good is their quality control (which is something they lack) their more interested in our money then quality.
Both of mine are aftermarket batteries, But as long as the voltages are correct and the battery discharge rate is adequate, there should be no problem UNLESS the smart side of the software sees a discrepancy. Ive been flying my #2 battery for over a yr without a single problem. It just arose recently. This alone is a good reason for the battery to not be so "smart". How many "smart" batteries are necessary for other brands of drones or very expensive large scale rc aircraft?........zero.

How can you possibly come to that conclusion when the software is the direct controller of the cutoff and emergency landing voltages. It is solely the decision making entity that controls that.

For one thing you can shut the critical battery level warning but you cannot change the two low battery warning percentages any more. WE use to be able to change both warning in v3.2 but when v3.6 came out that was no longer the case and I had set mine 20 - 15% and anyone buying a P2 line of quads today has 30 - 20%.

Remember DJI did not build those aftermarket batteries nor had anything to do with the electronics used in those boards.

Here is a video I post in Nov 6, 2014 shortly after updating all my batteries with DJI's battery update v2.6. This video is from spin up to auto landing at 7%..Here's the description that was posted with the video.

"Published on Nov 4, 2014
Battery being tested has been cycled 30 times and autolands with 47% of battery life left. After updating this battery it will autoland at 7% of battery life left."

For one thing you can shut the critical battery level warning but you cannot change the two low battery warning percentages any more. WE use to be able to change both warning in v3.2 but when v3.6 came out that was no longer the case and I had set mine 20 - 15% and anyone buying a P2 line of quads today has 30 - 20%.

Remember DJI did not build those aftermarket batteries nor had anything to do with the electronics used in those boards.

Here is a video I post in Nov 6, 2014 shortly after updating all my batteries with DJI's battery update v2.6. This video is from spin up to auto landing at 7%..Here's the description that was posted with the video.

"Published on Nov 4, 2014
Battery being tested has been cycled 30 times and autolands with 47% of battery life left. After updating this battery it will autoland at 7% of battery life left."

So I guess the question is How do I update the batteries? ....and why didnt I have to do this with my previous one?

So I guess the question is How do I update the batteries? ....and why didnt I have to do this with my previous one?

Problem is you can't and definitely not the aftermarket batteries. The newer DJI batteries (PH2-5200) are updated at the factory and since P2's old you're unlikely to see any new firmware of any kind unless someone flies one into a plane. Here's my theory why DJI pulled the battery update v2.6 was because some individuals tried to update their aftermarket batteries and brick them which put DJI on the spot for blocking usage of aftermarket equipment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik