Phantom 4. Critically low battery issue, can the battery be reset?

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 is having an issue with one of the batteries I use. Even in mild normal weather after about 2 minutes in the air I get a Battery Critically Low warning which is immeadiately followed by "Landing". It is fully charged and shows good health when checking the batter condition in DJI GO 4. Can this battery be "reset". The other battery I use in the same environment does not have this issue. I need some suggestions here. Or is the battery just toast and needs to be replaced.

My Phantom 4 is having an issue with one of the batteries I use. Even in mild normal weather after about 2 minutes in the air I get a Battery Critically Low warning which is immeadiately followed by "Landing". It is fully charged and shows good health when checking the batter condition in DJI GO 4. Can this battery be "reset". The other battery I use in the same environment does not have this issue. I need some suggestions here. Or is the battery just toast and needs to be replaced.
It doesn't sound good, but if you post the recorded data from a flight where this occurred, it should have more information to explain what's happening.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

All four of the cells show similar values and not one weak cell?

Discharge the battery to 10 - 15% then charge back up once it will let you. If you have the DJI 3-bay charger it has a discharge switch. If you have to let the battery run down in the Phantom then you should make sure there is a fan on it unless it is very cool outside.

Once the battery is charged back up, just hover the Phantom and look for the same behavior you have been experiencing. If it persists then you can try the procedure a couple of more times to rebalance the battery but it is probably shot. Until you are happy its fixed don't fly far... your drone is obviously at risk.

Talk to Erik Navvarro- [email protected]

He will reset or rebuild your P4 batteries for $50-60
He did 3 of mine last November. Great fast service!

Sign up, log on to AirData.com. Sync your last couple of flights then check the baterries performance under "Power". Excellent I use tool to monitor mine.

I have had more trouble out of my P4P batteries than any of my other drones all the way back to F450 . But check out this YT video .

I located the flight in the FlightLogs and I used WordPad to open it. Notepad opens it as well but not near as much info is shown??nSo I saved it to a jpg file to post here.
Also in FlightRecords there are two files but they are in swahili and I cannot read these. They are much larger files and are likely the ones you need to send to DJI if they are looking into it. If there is a way to view these I have not found it yet.
Phantom 4 flight data.jpg

I have had more trouble out of my P4P batteries than any of my other drones all the way back to F450 . But check out this YT video .
I did see this video on Utube and studied it in length. I did consider opening the battery and trying the RESET procedure. But decided to research all other options before I tried this option.

I located the flight in the FlightLogs and I used WordPad to open it. Notepad opens it as well but not near as much info is shown??nSo I saved it to a jpg file to post here.
Also in FlightRecords there are two files but they are in swahili and I cannot read these. They are much larger files and are likely the ones you need to send to DJI if they are looking into it. If there is a way to view these I have not found it yet.View attachment 123789
AirData translates swahil quite well. Thank me later. Enjoy!

Sign up, log on to AirData.com. Sync your last couple of flights then check the baterries performance under "Power". Excellent I use tool to monitor mine.
Got AirData and was able to view the files needed. Indeed one of the four cells has an issue. It comes down faster than the others during flight. Thank you for helping me with this issue.

Got AirData and was able to view the files needed. Indeed one of the four cells has an issue. It comes down faster than the others during flight. Thank you for helping me with this issue.
Very welcome. Glad to help and happy you got it figured out. The data gleaned on that site is amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20