P2 Controller Antenna Mod Distance

Reaction score
Alright another question for you:

Has anyone upgraded the antenna on their tx and had range either stay the same or decrease? I did this mod today on my controller after finding an open box new one on eBay for 34.00.

On the new controller, I get 1200 meters before FailSafe. On the modified one, I get about 1050-1000m. This is using a Tp-link 8dbi omni direction or an Alfa 7dbi panel. I've even replaced the u.fl RP-SMA cable just in case.

I was just expecting some gain, however marginal. I was meticulous during the removal of the silicone and the connector within the tx seems perfect.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Scorp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435449127.488238.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got 2 km with the stock controller , some have gone 3-4 km , did you tweak the FCC screw ?

Found my answer, its rhcp, and this black cannon will take it to the next areacode
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441126632.695777.jpg

I hit 2 miles today with FPVLR antennas.....

Hey reoscorpio I also tried the TP link 8dbi antenna I didn't get any better range over the stock antenna it was about even distancewise (is that a word) even tried a homemade windsurfer on it with the same results .It does look impressive though :)

Alright another question for you:

Has anyone upgraded the antenna on their tx and had range either stay the same or decrease? I did this mod today on my controller after finding an open box new one on eBay for 34.00.

On the new controller, I get 1200 meters before FailSafe. On the modified one, I get about 1050-1000m. This is using a Tp-link 8dbi omni direction or an Alfa 7dbi panel. I've even replaced the u.fl RP-SMA cable just in case.

I was just expecting some gain, however marginal. I was meticulous during the removal of the silicone and the connector within the tx seems perfect.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Scorp
View attachment 23185

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442232591.361788.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442232632.715613.jpg
hey man, I just did this a few weeks ago n no problems at all im not fly too far but is good

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1442272605.995391.jpg

This is the mod I got do on my controller wifi booster I disabled the original antenna just kept it in there as I wanted to keep my controller looking really high tech lol

As soon as I can get the YouTube link I'll send it but you can look it up on YouTube as phantom 2 controller mod I'm sure you'll find what your looking for

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic