Phantom 4 Adv controller connection issue

Reaction score
Hi all. I decided to mod my factory phantom 4 controller with RP-SMA connectors, and now I can't get the controller to communicate with the drone at all. I have taken the controller back apart 3 times now to verify that nothing is visibly damaged and that both of the antenna cables are properly seated into the radios. The controller comes on as it should and everything works as far as I can tell while using the DJI app on my iPad, but it absolutely will not communicate with the drone. My first thought was that I needed to redo the connection between the controller and the drone since the battery had been unplugged, but that was not the issue, unfortunately. Anyway, I realize that this will be next to impossible to trouble shoot just from my descriptions, but I wondered if any of you guys had done this mod, and if you could share any common issues you ran into, perhaps that will help me find my problem. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Forgot to mention, yes, I had antennas attached to the RP-SMA connectors, and I tried two sets, to be sure that wasn't the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1