P2+ camera. Can the camera be separated and used hand-held?

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ that's no longer working. I'm just wondering if there's a way to separate the camera and gimbal, mount it on something and use it hand-held, like an Osmo. Has anyone done this? Is there a way of doing it. Would it need the 'range extender' to work?

The SD card is inserted into the gimbal assembly, so theoretically, it might be possible, but I've never heard of anybody trying it, and I personally doubt it can be done. Way too many complications and hardly worth all the trouble. Also, you'd have no FPV, even if you could get it to record. The RE wouldn't matter. Good luck

Reactions: Narrator
Hi, I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ that's no longer working. I'm just wondering if there's a way to separate the camera and gimbal, mount it on something and use it hand-held, like an Osmo. Has anyone done this? Is there a way of doing it. Would it need the 'range extender' to work?
Hi

what exactly isnt working? im guessing its the lack of FPV, if so it can be repaired

Hi

what exactly isnt working? im guessing its the lack of FPV, if so it can be repaired

I forget exactly. It might have been something like a calibration error that stopped it from launching. It previously had an FPV problem. I fixed that a couple of years back. It flew for a while after that.

I've since bought a mavic mini 2 and wondered about repurposing the P2. I've even thought of selling parts from it - camera and gimbal, ESC's and motors, shell etc.

It has 4 dead batteries. Left them discharging too long. I saw a video once on YouTube, how to kick start the charging again, but I can't find it now. Can anyone link me?

If your battery is dead, it's probably dead. The chance of bringing one back to life is something like 2% or less. Sorry for your loss. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnemeth