P1 Gimbal pitch Fails when Copter is powered on

Reaction score
OK, hopefully some old time Phantom user can help out here....I inherited a very nice original P1 and everything works beautifully with 1 issue.
Powering up the gimbal, it initializes fine and responds smoothly to pitch and roll movements of the copter, but as soon as I power up
the drone, the pitch axis slowly falls and twitches at the bottom of the arc.
I suspected some RFI from the Naza, so I tried some foil between the body and the gimbal board, but same result. I have tried plugging and unplugging the
pitch motor, but no go.
Ideas here would be appreciated!!

I would try this guy, Jiminyfixit, He is on here and he has a lot of experience with old stuff. mostly because he is older than time. He was actually there when the Wright Brothers tried their hand at flying. The only person I know of that is older is typing right now. I think they may call it keyboarding now.

Reactions: joshua adam howell
It could be the ribbon strip the one for you plug it into your GoPro or it could be the ribbon strip the gimbal board where it goes into the actual gimbal do you get video on your screen

The camera part works fine…good video…but the pitch motor glitches as soon as the P1 is powered on…almost like some interference is coming from the copter……I may try some filtering cores on the esc leads……

might be interference with the receiver and your transmitter for your drone might be messing with it you might have to change your receiver and transmitter to Phantom 2 transmitter and receiver

Either that or you need to go into Naz for Phantom 1 and set it up I know you might have to have something Windows like 95 to do that on your computer

It could be this ribbon cable ?

Attachments

• 20211225_132758.jpg
    20211225_132758.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 137
Reactions: Bonanzaman
I need to get back home and check……I think my board is a little different than yours,
But I’ll definitely take a look at the cables…..I’ll need to remove the control board to get a better look..

I need to get back home and check……I think my board is a little different than yours,
But I’ll definitely take a look at the cables…..I’ll need to remove the control board to get a better look..

I didnt think the P1 supported a Zenmuse gimbal, perhaps its one of the chinese type metal ones with a roll and pitch motor and the SimpleBGC board, if so let me know as these are an art form all in themselves to setup

If it is the Zenmuse gimbal I would like to know how you have wired it up as it needs a specific port on the mainboard that isnt on the p1 board

I didnt think the P1 supported a Zenmuse gimbal, perhaps its one of the chinese type metal ones with a roll and pitch motor and the SimpleBGC board, if so let me know as these are an art form all in themselves to setup

If it is the Zenmuse gimbal I would like to know how you have wired it up as it needs a specific port on the mainboard that isnt on the p1 board
Thanks! I’ll post a photo when I get back home…..appreciate the help!

You should have 12 wire going into it with 12 wires with one black and the rest are gray going from the Drone to the gimbal

And I had this gimbal on my P1 Zenmuse & instead of a ribbing strip. Plugs into your GoPro on the side of it it has a plug that that is built on the board plugs into the back of the GoPro

And I had this gimbal on my P1 Zenmuse & instead of a ribbing strip. Plugs into your GoPro on the side of it it has a plug that that is built on the board plugs into the back of the GoPro

Thought the Zenmuse drew its power from a socket on the board via an Anti Interference board? wasnt aware the P1 had this socket

No I was talking how the GoPro Mount onto the gimbal but you might want to check the wire the 12 wire that's gray and black that goes from the board of the Drone to the back of the gimbal

OK, been a while on this one, but here is the gimbal board....seems to have some sort of a reset red button (top of pic)....
It is powered by a small 2s which also powers on the VTX....like to find out what it is so I can try re-flashing the FW..

Attachments

• DSC_7756.JPG
    DSC_7756.JPG
    930.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_7758.JPG
    DSC_7758.JPG
    933.9 KB · Views: 100
OK, been a while on this one, but here is the gimbal board....seems to have some sort of a reset red button (top of pic)....
It is powered by a small 2s which also powers on the VTX....like to find out what it is so I can try re-flashing the FW..
You want to find out what it is what the board or the gimble it looks like one of the Chinese gimbles you can buy off from ebay.com

Yeah, it looks similiar, to those, but not quite the same as there is no signal lead for the manual tilt control output from the Naza in the Phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers