Gimbal not level when spinning on axis?

Reaction score
Firstly, I have a phantom 2 with a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal that was recently crashed from about head height.

I took everything apart and checked it and everything seemed ok, the only thing I am suspicious of is the vertical motor of the gimbal seems a lot stiffer than the other axis? Is this normal? Nothing else was bent or scratched.

On first test flight I noticed the gimbal has some issues with horizon levels. When it flies level it has a slight slant to the left and when it spins on its axis it slants heavily as if over compensating for the the yaw. Once levelled out it slowly returns to level picture.

So Im not sure whether this is a Gimbal issue or a flight controller problem. I have advanced calibrated the Phantom, everything was ticked and all the parameters look good. I haven't been able to get anything on the Naza assistant as I have a mac and nothing seems to happen?

Any advice would be appreciated as I have searched everywhere but not seen any solutions other than sending it back to DJI and spending weeks waiting for it to come back. Considering I have tried to contact them with no response numerous times I would like to avoid this as much as possible!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie