P1 fast flashing reds.

Reaction score
It's been some while since I looked in here. But I dug out my old P1. Everything fired up OK- and it flew as good as the day I bought it.
I had a full set of greens and 'home lock' had confirmed. Then [in flight] I got fast reds for a moment or two. The craft flew normally though and the LEDs went back to greens.
Then the fast reds came back- so I landed.
Before flying I had done the dance routine- all LEDs reported correctly. Back home I hooked up to the Assistant- but all looked OK.
What have I forgotten?

i dont kmow what the flash codes for the P1 are but typically they mean critical battery voltage and will occasionally pop up under high current draw, particularly on a partially discharged older battery.

Reactions: discv
i dont kmow what the flash codes for the P1 are but typically they mean critical battery voltage and will occasionally pop up under high current draw, particularly on a partially discharged older battery.

That’s exactly what it is, first stage low voltage alert. Old lipos can drop to critical from fully charged quickly. If you putt around they might run for a bit. Those lipos are not expensive if you can source the correct size.

Thanks guys- guess I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new battery, given that the present one is some 7 years old! Though I might be able to squeeze a few flights- the assistant is showing current voltage of 12.3 and the 1st level protection is set at 11.2.

It's been some while since I looked in here. But I dug out my old P1. Everything fired up OK- and it flew as good as the day I bought it.
I had a full set of greens and 'home lock' had confirmed. Then [in flight] I got fast reds for a moment or two. The craft flew normally though and the LEDs went back to greens.
Then the fast reds came back- so I landed.
Before flying I had done the dance routine- all LEDs reported correctly. Back home I hooked up to the Assistant- but all looked OK.
What have I forgotten?
I don't understand this.... I had a full set of greens and 'home lock' had confirmed. Then [in flight] I got fast reds for a moment or two. The craft flew normally though and the LEDs went back to greens. ,,,There is only one status led on phanton

Monte55- another name I remember from the early P1 days!
Yes- I'm talking about the single status led- that changed from slow greens, to fast reds, and back to slow greens.
And then I took no chances and landed ASAP.

If this help

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 167

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31