P1 compass module removal?

Reaction score
I'm trying to completely separate the top shell cover.
For the life of me- I cannot see how to free multi core flat cable.
Does the plug somehow go through the hole in the bottom shell- or what?

Yes, it will fit through the hole. It needs to be angled just right with the cable bent a little. I'm in the process of transferring everything to a new shell and just did this yesterday.

Just occurred to me, if all you want to do is separate the top shell you can just unplug the compass cable from the GPS module.

Just occurred to me, if all you want to do is separate the top shell you can just unplug the compass cable from the GPS module.
The plug came through the hole (just) as you said.
Question- to get to the GPS module you have to rip that flexible cover off- yes?

The reason I ask is that this is, in fact, a scrap FC40. I am using it as a donor for an F550. I'm trying to explore ways of mounting the Phantom GPS in a pod.

product_gps_repair_before.jpg
That sticky back cover is re-usable so just pull it back to expose the GPS. The ceramic plate antenna on the top side of the GPS often cracks from crashes so you should check that to make sure it's good. If it is cracked it can be repaired.
http://www.djiphantomforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46

Sounds like an interesting project, please post your results.

Last edited:
Reactions: discv
Thanks again. My first big hurdle is to find out the difference between a Naza v2 as fitted to a Phantom and an 'off the shelf' Naza v2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic