P

Reaction score
P

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-04-15_[18-44-03].txt
    417 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
To get some more info, you're gonna have to get that txt file onto healthydrones.com and then send that link onto this thread. This looks like a case for msinger.
Sorry about the drone btw. That sucks, but if it was software error, then you'll be back up and running in no time.
P.S. what drone is it?

i lost my drone the other day and i was wondering if you guys could please take a look at the flight log.I just installed the ARGtec antenna and wanted to try it out. when i watch the flight on the ipad flight log it shows at the end where it just drifts off and i never regain signal.I went to the last known location but nothing. when i upload the file on airdatauav.com it shows i was always in ATTI mode,but the ipad says P-GPS mode. please help

No - it was continuously in P-GPS mode until 7' 23", when it switched to RTH. 27" later the record stops. There is no indication why that might have happened, but signal loss is the most likely. It was, apparently, trying to go back to the home point though. Was it windy? It was going at 40+ mph until it lost downlink. After initiating RTH it was struggling to make a few mph.

I had a similar experience a few days ago. Flying a MAps Made Easy mission when about 2/3 through the mission, the bird stopped recording and started drifting with the wind. Showed 16-17 satelites the whole time. Same thing happened a few minutes later with a second P3A did the same thing at the same point in the same mission. This time it drifted in a different direction. Fortunately, I still had control when I switched back to 'P' and was able to manually fly it home. Third phantom flew the missin with no problems, all with pin the span of less than 45 minutes. And the mission was on that I had flown several times before! Haven't had time yet to pull the logs but will be taking a look at them soon.

That's why I don't trust the litchi app... the missions are kind of dangerous.

Reactions: AyeYo
That's why I don't trust the litchi app... the missions are kind of dangerous.

One of the responses above is:
...... Flying a MAps Made Easy mission when ...

And the OP didn't mention flying with any autonomous software at all.

Litchi has been rock solid for many of us. Some of us have hundreds of various flights using Litchi so YMMV.

Reactions: umneycreep
I contacted meta4 and he looked at the flight log. He said that the drone done everything it was supposed to do. It was user error because I didn't calculate the wind on the way back. It was only traveling 11 mph but on a straight path back to the home point. When the drone reaches 10% it auto lands so theirs a lot of area to cover.

Reactions: AyeYo
I'll going to go out and look in a few hours and hope I find it before the rain comes.

Well we scanned all the area with a phantom 4 but nothing turned up. Maybe a farmer plowing the fields will find it and give me a call

Capture.PNG

That was an abrupt stop at altitude. Doesn't look like there was anything to block you signal. It's almost like the batter slipped out. Sorry you lost it!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 271
View attachment 80859

That was an abrupt stop at altitude. Doesn't look like there was anything to block you signal. It's almost like the batter slipped out. Sorry you lost it!

It could not be battery loss, because it continued to broadcast video and telemetry.

Do you think the wind speed could have moved the drone back. It was in return to home mode and I know it doesn't use the full power of the drone

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga