Overlay stats on video

If you enable the "Video Caption" setting in the DJI GO app, it'll create SRT files. When those SRT files in the same directory as the video, you'll see a limited set of flight data on your video.

DJI-GO-Video-Caption.png

If you want to bake that data into the video, then check out DashWare.

Reactions: Steve J Miller
Been playing with Dashware and love it - tons of options and easy to sync with video -

Thanks again!

Which file does one use for the data? (I am on IOS
There are a few programs out there that do this for you. Here are two...

DashWare - Telemetry Data Overlay on Your Videos

RaceRender LLC | Video+Data Products

PS - where in Western NY... Rochester here
Dashware takes an awfully long time to render the final movie. Is this normal, or is there something I am doing wrong? I normally use Pinnacle Studio for my videos, and combining a soundtrack, titles, pan & zoom, slow-mos etc takes a fraction of the time to export.

Last edited:
For an avg 4.4GB file my i7 4770k takes about 40mins to render 1080p60fps.

I have noticed that video straight off my sd card has telementry data as a subtitle track when played in VLC. I had to work out how to turn it off.

The SRT files have to be in the same location as the video file, so it's not going to work for videos posted on YouTube.

I've made over a 100 dashware video's. But even so I still managed to screw up the audio on this one somehow. lol!

Anyone have a link to a YouTube video that uses the .SRT files?
I have created a quick 20 second test with the uploaded SRT file using @sbarton 's link:- Add subtitles & closed captions - YouTube Help

I don't know if this is the expected result but......

EDITED to change the instructions:

Launch the video below.
Click on the 'settings' gear in the bottom right and ensure the subtitles are turned on'

Last edited:
I just downloaded the free version of racerenderer and I find its crap compared to Dashware. It's more for cars. At least Dashware lets you test for 30 days. RR wants money right away and no ideal what gauges are on the bought version.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl