Over 14700ft fly

LMC

Reaction score
5.8G RC lost after go home. 2.4G still 100%.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGKAkmkjYM[/youtube]

Side record.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnoiu2nVcBI[/youtube]

S/W booster: PVFlyer Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster Pro beta1 Level 6 on plane
H/W booster: Sunhans 5.8G 1W & 2.4G 2.5W on RC
Antenna:
FPVLR RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi on plane
FPVLR RHCP 5.8 GHZ 8 turns Helical on RC
FPVLR LHCP 2.4 GHz 2dBi Phantom Pinwheel on plane
FPVLR LHCP 2.4 GHz 6.5 Turns 12.9dBi Helical on RC

tizzl10 said:
great range. can you post pictures of your rc and aircraft setup?

click

a6777015-246-14189317781_d6ec59a2c6_z.jpg

a6777016-38-14005940329_46acf42f99_z.jpg

"2.4G 2.5W on RC Antenna"... Am I misinterpreting this.. you're using a 2.4G amp with the RC antenna vs. the 5.8?

srandall25 said:
"2.4G 2.5W on RC Antenna"... Am I misinterpreting this.. you're using a 2.4G amp with the RC antenna vs. the 5.8?

Looks like it has a 2.4g and a 5.8g booster. The 5.8 is aluminum in color.

NYG said:
srandall25 said:

Looks like it has a 2.4g and a 5.8g booster. The 5.8 is aluminum in color.

Yes !

Ok, to clarify, the 2.4G 2.5W amp is the black one tied into the wifi range extender correct?

Impressive range and setup. You looked awfully close to those power lines at the end of the video. Last time I saw lines that close flying FPV my copter took the express route back to earth.

Great range, Jason. :D It seems 5.8G control link is the limitation, even you use an amplifier and high gain helical.

As you modded the aircraft with 5.8G pigtail, how about to change a higher gain 5.8G rubber ducky (say 5-6dBi) antenna on the aircraft and also swap 14dBi linear patch on controller to match the rubber ducky. You may undo the shell of rubber ducky to reduce the weight or use a straw to replace the shell. I did something similar when I flew my AR.Drone 2 years ago.

PVFlyer said:
Great range, Jason. :D It seems 5.8G control link is the limitation, even you use an amplifier and high gain helical.

As you modded the aircraft with 5.8G pigtail, how about to change a higher gain 5.8G rubber ducky (say 5-6dBi) antenna on the aircraft and also swap 14dBi linear patch on controller to match the rubber ducky. You may undo the shell of rubber ducky to reduce the weight or use a straw to replace the shell. I did something similar when I flew my AR.Drone 2 years ago.

I will change to 14dbi pactch antenna next time. :cool:

BTW, S/W booster pro beta01 level 6 so crazy. :lol:

LMC said:
PVFlyer said:

You flew 12,000ft FPV with Booster Pro and stock repeater is even crazier. The beauty of new interference level algorithm (resides in the Pro beta) is to further boost FPV range with the same TX power.

PVFlyer said:
LMC said:
PVFlyer said:

You flew 12,000ft FPV with Booster Pro and stock repeater is even crazier. The beauty of new interference level algorithm (resides in the Pro beta) is to further boost FPV range with the same TX power.

Could you upgrade my 5.8G RC TX power? :twisted:

LMC said:
Could you upgrade my 5.8G RC TX power? :twisted:
I proposed using higher gain 5.8G Omni antenna on the aircraft end is an "indirect" way to upgrade RC TX power. Obviously, there are other higher power 5.8G amplifiers in the market, but I'm not a fan of high power.

I'm been exploring an innovative way (just an idea) to control P2V+ WITHOUT using 5.8G RC at all, just like AR.Drone using 2.4G only. Maybe it's time to check out Parrot Bebop Drone.

FPVLR said:
Good stuff, but if you give more separation to the 8.25 turns helix by installing it 3 to 4 inches more to the side, you will gain an extra 2k ft of control range

OK,let me try next time.

TKS

FPVLR said:
PvFlyer, at 5.8 GHz multipath is a real killer. Circular polarization will give consistent results compared to linear in all attitudes. Linear cannot do that. One day you can go far, the other day your range can be much lower.
In his case the 8.25 turns is too close to the 2.4 helix.

Also the 8.25 turns has been at 20k feet by 007 with 2 pinwheels at 90 degrees on copter.
LMC has a lot of optimization to do both on ground and copter and he can go 20 k ft reliably.
I'm unsure (don't think) what 5.8G RF is being reflected at 200m altitude and 2000m away from coastline over an ocean due to multipath. I think LMC can easily test it out while he has got all the gears.

My 5.8G 14dBi patch always (very consistent) reaches 11,000-12,000ft WITHOUT amplifier. I don't see how 5.8G multipath killing the control link so far. Of course, I don't fly in rainy day and unsure how bad the impact of humidity.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31