Ouch...

Reaction score
Well... First day with the new P3A and It came down from about 5-7 feet in my garage and DESTROYED the camera and gimbal.... Granted that it was 100% my fault, I am still pretty disappointed in the durability of this thing.
What do I do now? How long does DJI take to repair something like this? Any idea on how much it's going to cost me? Any info helps.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    939.1 KB · Views: 467
That's only a filter. If the camera still works, you could unscrew that filter and keep it off until DJI offers a replacement. It'll probably be months until that part comes out though. And, if you send your Phantom to them, it could take them a month+ to fix it (assuming they fix them as fast as the Phantom 2s).

The gimbal/camera is the most delicate part of the Phantom. These things were definitely not built to crash. They were built to fly ;)

Reactions: gfredrone
The camera/gimbal will not even function when I turn the P3 on anymore. I don't see any cables disconnected. Any ideas?

You're treading in brand new waters here. You're the first person I've seen post damage like this. Short of sending it to a repair shop and letting them tinker, you might have to send it back to DJI.

Maybe one of these shops can help you:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/#RepairShops

Many P2VP have been through this and know that the camera and gimbal is the Achilles heel of the proprietary system.

Will it initiate when powering on? or is just limp? Is there lights on the gimbal board?
Inspect all the ribbon cables and make sure they are not scratched or torn.
Check the 2 sets of clip in cables on the gimbal. One is for the vision system and the other comes from the phantom down. Unplug them and reseat them firmly.

DJI will probably charge you a new camera and you probably need to wait 6 weeks. You are best to see if the unit still flies. If it does, you can contact the below and see when the camera is available. Maybe consider upgrading the camera to 4k for $80 extra, I heard its swappable.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...meras-chargers-props.40590/page-6#post-381444

Yeah take the filter off and replace it with a ND filter! Call it good!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31