Other P4 batteries

Reaction score
Hello all,

Yesterday I had a "cell error" in one of my batteries. While draining the batterie to charge it back to 100% (just as adviced in the DJI GO 4 app), I was checking on Amazon and other sites for a new battery.
I found that next to the official DJI batteries there are some copies flying around.

Does somebody have experience with these batteries and are they worth it?

Do you really want to trust your $1400 + Drone using battery knock-offs. o_O
To me, peace of mind is worth a whole lot more than saving a few bucks on these Japanese knock-off batteries, or wherever they come from.

Reactions: John1960
If you do a search in the Forum on aftermarket batteries for p4p there's a lot of info. More than I can post here.

Ah yes, and when I search the top 10-15 results are all people saying to search and next to no answers.
The drones aren't $1400 now, and paying an extra $100 out of fear, with no proof that one item is pure conjecture.
They could be terrible, or they could be nearly identical.

Ah yes, and when I search the top 10-15 results are all people saying to search and next to no answers.
The drones aren't $1400 now, and paying an extra $100 out of fear, with no proof that one item is pure conjecture.
You said it- they could be nearly identical- they might even be better. The thing is that the DJI OEM product from one of the several companies that produces the DJI batteries are a known quantity.

Reactions: John1960
1400 was just a number...
I'll stick with OEM bats from an authorized dealer, you do what you want.

Check the Amazon reviews, probably better than anything else. (ebay feedbacks are as good as useless, they're practically verifying the correct shipment, nothing more).

The problem with "aftermarket" is - which aftermarket? There is no brand, that you could stick to like Patona - you have a mix, where a few types are exceptionally good, others crash your bird.

Check the Amazon reviews, probably better than anything else. (ebay feedbacks are as good as useless, they're practically verifying the correct shipment, nothing more).

The problem with "aftermarket" is - which aftermarket? There is no brand, that you could stick to like Patona - you have a mix, where a few types are exceptionally good, others crash your bird.
Powerextra makes them - nearly all I see are branded that way.

1400 was just a number...
I'll stick with OEM bats from an authorized dealer, you do what you want.

Absolutely. By the way, I have some titanium reinforced lug nuts for $499 a piece if you're interested. Surely your car is worth way more than the drone - why trust anything less expensive? They're certified by your OEM.

Buy whatever you like

Today I bought an original Phantom 4 battery, but the drone-gods don't like me. This is also a dead battery. One cell in error and deviates even more than my other battery which has problems.. :-(.

Now I have to drive back to this store (it's not in my own town, but 90 kilometers away since I was there for one appointment today :-() and return it. I hope the replacement is a working one!

When do you get the cell error? What charge level? Did you fully charge the battery first? You don’t need to drain the packs fully before recharging.

Last edited:
Today I bought an original Phantom 4 battery, but the drone-gods don't like me. This is also a dead battery. One cell in error and deviates even more than my other battery which has problems.. :-(.

Now I have to drive back to this store (it's not in my own town, but 90 kilometers away since I was there for one appointment today :-() and return it. I hope the replacement is a working one!
I guess that really proves it pays to pay the premium and go OEM....

When do you get the cell error? What charge level? Did you fully charge the battery first? You don’t need to drain the packs fully before recharging.
I get it at 100% charge level, and yes I did fully charge the battery first.

At this moment it's being charged the second time, just to make sure it's done a complete cycle. It's a pain with batteries for me this week :-(

I guess that really proves it pays to pay the premium and go OEM....

That's true! I noticed one thing.. This "premium" battery was already more than 2 years old. It states "manufactured May 20 2016"... so "premium" will give you old batteries :-(

Reactions: FlyingUser
What was the state of charge on the battery out if the box. At two years old it may have self discharged to a level where irreversible damage occurs to the cells. I would be looking for a refund and finding a supplier with fresher stock.

Reactions: FlyingUser
Yes, that's my thought also. Or they give me a high capacity battery in return, those haven't been around for long now so can't be that old.

One... that should have alarmed me right away.. It should have 2 and the third flashing..

One is better than none. How much cell imbalance are you getting?
Cell 1 is starting with 4,11 volt while the other 3 are at 4,37 volt.

Yesterday I drained the battery untill about 8% and recharged it again this morning to 100%. Still the same deviation.

Battery life is at 100% it says when I push the button 5 seconds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164