Original firmware Phantom 3 SE

Does anybody know if there are different firmwares for the controller too? I thought it could be the reason why after 1.5.40 AC firmware 2.4 ghz is no longer available in most android devices, could it be?

Does anybody know if there are different firmwares for the controller too? I thought it could be the reason why after 1.5.40 AC firmware 2.4 ghz is no longer available in most android devices, could it be?
The truth behind the availability of the 2.4 Ghz frequency has another cause. Because the frequency 2.4 ghz becomes increasingly full (with many disturbances), the 5 GHz frequency is gradually switched over.
Android has included this preference in its operating system while Apple just ignores it. The DJI app allows the operating system to select the frequency.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The truth behind the availability of the 2.4 Ghz frequency has another cause. Because the frequency 2.4 ghz becomes increasingly full (with many disturbances), the 5 GHz frequency is gradually switched over.
Android has included this preference in its operating system while Apple just ignores it. The DJI app allows the operating system to select the frequency.
Something changed somehow: before updating to firmware 1.5.40 I was able to switch and I could fly 1000m just with that, since the update I can't do it anymore, even if I downgrade AC firmware, that's why I thought there must be a way to downgrade controller's firmware too!

Something changed somehow: before updating to firmware 1.5.40 I was able to switch and I could fly 1000m just with that, since the update I can't do it anymore, even if I downgrade AC firmware, that's why I thought there must be a way to downgrade controller's firmware too!
Several years earlier, as P3 Standard was easy to hack, (was possible to connect to drone and controller through FTP) the experience was, that both drone and controller had the same codebase. From that I came to the conclusion, that even on SE by every upgrade or downgrade the controllers sw (wich is an unix distribution) will be changed regarding fw version

Several years earlier, as P3 Standard was easy to hack, (was possible to connect to drone and controller through FTP) the experience was, that both drone and controller had the same codebase. From that I came to the conclusion, that even on SE by every upgrade or downgrade the controllers sw (wich is an unix distribution) will be changed regarding fw version
any idea on how to revert the controller firmware? it seems to me that both are update by the app download, but only the AC is downgraded/upgraded using the sd card, can it be?

any idea on how to revert the controller firmware? it seems to me that both are update by the app download, but only the AC is downgraded/upgraded using the sd card, can it be?
The firmware update / downgrade goes always via the SD card. Even when you downloaded it on the official way. This file is first placed on the SD card and then the drone wil be reset. A kind of Cntrl-Alt-Del command for DJI drones. During the update process the drone sends the correct firmware data to the RC.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to reset the firmware to the default V01.03.0020 settings because this command (set to FCC) is not stored in the firmware. With a firmware update or downgrade, only instructions are executed that are stored in the firmware.

The only solution could be when you start again with installing firmware V01.01.0000. Presumably, this firmware had an incorrect instruction that ensured that everyone flew in FCC. You can then choose to update to V01.03.0020.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The firmware update / downgrade goes always via the SD card. Even when you downloaded it on the official way. This file is first placed on the SD card and then the drone wil be reset. A kind of Cntrl-Alt-Del command for DJI drones. During the update process the drone sends the correct firmware data to the RC.

I'm sorry, but this is not 100% conrrect: if you update the firmware thru Dji Go App it's the app that is installing the firmware in the Aircraft using the remote as a "bridge" and I suspect that's when something happens in the remote! :/
Yet I'm not 100% sure that remote goes thru a firmware update in that case, but even if it's a set of instractions/configurations, it would be helpfull to know how to revert it!

I'm sorry, but this is not 100% conrrect: if you update the firmware thru Dji Go App it's the app that is installing the firmware in the Aircraft using the remote as a "bridge" and I suspect that's when something happens in the remote! :/
Yet I'm not 100% sure that remote goes thru a firmware update in that case, but even if it's a set of instractions/configurations, it would be helpfull to know how to revert it!
Then just a small addition. It is true that the firmware is placed on the SD card via the RC. But the execution takes place from the SD card in the drone.

You can actually see this happening. While updating the firmware you can see that the connection between the drone and the RC is sometimes broken. You will also see that lights on the RC sometimes flash during the update. The instructions are coming from the drone. When the update is finished, you will find a report on the SD card in the drone.

I wonder what's the procedure to read what is inside the remote.
To read flight logs on the AC you need to connect the drone (from the drone usb port, not the gimbal one) and have it connected with the app running, may be tha same for the remote?

I wonder what's the procedure to read what is inside the remote.
To read flight logs on the AC you need to connect the drone (from the drone usb port, not the gimbal one) and have it connected with the app running, may be tha same for the remote?
I have already tried to connect the RC and read the information. But it was not possible to connect it

I saw on a Russian hacker website that a number of people are already working on manipulating the configuration file of the P3SE. These people want to fly unconditionally 4 km with the P3SE.

Reactions: Psycho Andy
Me too, and tryed the AC too but could see nothing, then I've been asked in the dji forum fro fligth logs and the guy told me to connect ac/rc/mobile and then connect the ac to pc, yet I did not have the chance to check but it seems you have to use the app to see what's inside the ac from pc

I don't want to beat this horse to death, but here's my dilemma.

I bought my P3SE late in October of last year, and flew it until winter started. I pull it out, charge it up and try to fly it yesterday, and it does a firmware upgrade, the immediate effect of which is, the **** thing won't connect with the controller, won't fly, won't do anything. Apparently all this took place while I had mine on the shelf for the winter, and now that it's flying weather, I'm a little miffed I'm late to this party.

I've scoured these forums looking for answers and solutions, and have gathered that it's buggy software in the 1.5.40 version.

What version do I downgrade to? How do I accomplish this? I'm not an idiot, but my attempts to try this haven't been successful. The drone log file keeps telling me that procedure failed.

Help?!

I bought my P3SE late in October of last year, and flew it until winter started. I pull it out, charge it up and try to fly it yesterday, and it does a firmware upgrade, the immediate effect of which is, the **** thing won't connect with the controller, won't fly, won't do anything. Apparently all this took place while I had mine on the shelf for the winter, and now that it's flying weather, I'm a little miffed I'm late to this party.

I've scoured these forums looking for answers and solutions, and have gathered that it's buggy software in the 1.5.40 version.

What version do I downgrade to? How do I accomplish this? I'm not an idiot, but my attempts to try this haven't been successful. The drone log file keeps telling me that procedure failed.

Help?!
First of all, I have to tell you, I'm very sceptic about statement that fw 1.5.40 would have any major bug. Hundreds of P3SE owners use it without problems. Even me.

If you would like to downgrade anyway, I promise you to go only one version back, as much older the fw do you choose, as much bug it will have.

Which way have you tried to do the downgrade? Did you follow the instructions in video in this topic in post #10?

Which message have you found in the log on the SD card after the downgrade? Can you copy the important part of it there?

For users who have problems with the new firmware update of Phantom 3 SE, I have a link to the original firmware versions:

P3SE_FW_V01.01.0000

P3SE_FW_V01.02.0010

P3SE_FW_V01.03.0020

P3SE_FW_V01.04.0030

P3SE_FW_V01.05.0040

hello Chatikib, Amy I receive the link ?
Thank you

I bought my P3SE late in October of last year, and flew it until winter started. I pull it out, charge it up and try to fly it yesterday, and it does a firmware upgrade...
Since when this goes automatically? Or did you confirm to update firmware? I don't want that my drone will do an automatic firmware update when I open the original DJI app. I want to stay on stock firmware.

For users who have problems with the new firmware update of Phantom 3 SE, I have a link to the original firmware versions:

P3SE_FW_V01.01.0000

P3SE_FW_V01.02.0010

P3SE_FW_V01.03.0020

P3SE_FW_V01.04.0030

P3SE_FW_V01.05.0040
hola, me podrían pasar las ligas para descarga de los firmwares? tengo algunos problemas con la ultima actualización y quisiera regresar a la anterior, ya que con esa mi distancia era de 3km y con la ultima, en las mismas condiciones y ubicación, dificilmente llego a los 500 metros, gracias de antemano

Hello guys!

On this picture, my current configuration.

20180828_120657_rmscr.jpg

I live in Italy, so my drone was in CE mode.
Thanks to you, from some time, I can fly regularly over 3 km (without any changes to the antennas).
However, I have never verified the maximum distance that can be reached.

Below is a test flight done this morning

As you can see in the return there were some more troubles

P3SE_FW_V01.01.0000

P3SE_FW_V01.02.0010

P3SE_FW_V01.03.0020

P3SE_FW_V01.04.0030

P3SE_FW_V01.05.0040

I have the file, but the SE does not seem to have a slot on the gimbal for an SD card. How do I downgrade my firmware on my SE?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl