Oregon?

Outside of Springfield here.

Love Oregon but am having a real hard time finding places to fly without having a ranger down my neck.
I try to do the right thing and contact the parks prior, but am always told no (including areas regulated by army corps of engineers).

I'd love to hear if anyone has got permission to fly in any regulated areas (such as parks) and which ones, cause I'm having no luck!

Eugene, Oregon. P4P just received it as a random present from the wife (yup she's a keeper) Have yet to even get it off the ground (reading everything + eclipse and work) but maybe tonite

Reactions: Helihover
Depoe Bay here. Central Oregon coast. Just got a P3 4k for Christmas from one of my sons who has one (in Sandy). What a great kid!!!

As most boards are, this forum is awesome! I'm enjoying all the learning, reading and tutorials to ad to my 50 some years of R/C aviation. Very little drone experience to date.

Nice to meet you all. Jack88, your videos are fabulous!

Redmond, OR, here. Lots of places out in the high desert to fly, but am still climbing my learning curve on piloting/filming well. Using a P3 SE.

Cline Falls outside of Redmond, Or. No flight restrictions, few people during the week. I'm still learning this too. P3P refurb unit, wonderful flying machine.
DJI_0065.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,
It's a real nice, small waterfall just outside of town. There's also Steelhead Falls in Crooked River Ranch. I've flown at both of them. Never had problems with people or the local law enforcement.
I tried to post some small videos but the file size was too large. I'll figure it out sometime.

Here's a shot from my recent flight at Mt Tabor Park in Portland. There's definitely a lot of great views to capture around here, but the trick is finding places to take off without too many people.

DJI_0146.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj