One wobbly prop.

Reaction score
Hi all
One of my P4P props seems to have a bit of give. The other three are solid, with zero movement, but this one has a bit of play, both up and down and side to side.
Nothing is visibly wrong and it does it with three different props.
It doesn't seem to be affecting flight and the prop mount is not loose.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Switch it with the other prop that spins the same way to see if the wobble follows the prop or the motor. I would not fly until I figured it out.

Take a good look at the spring on that particular prop mount. If it’s broken, it would explain the issue you are having. The problem with flying with it loose is it will surely get looser as the prop hub and mount wear due to excessive rubbing, right up to the point where that prop comes flying off. Best fix, install a new prop mount on that motor.

Take a good look at the spring on that particular prop mount. If it’s broken, it would explain the issue you are having. The problem with flying with it loose is it will surely get looser as the prop hub and mount wear due to excessive rubbing, right up to the point where that prop comes flying off. Best fix, install a new prop mount on that motor.
I think this has to be the solution, many thanks

I had a bad bearing on my P3 that caused a similar issue. If I pressed down on the shaft, it would start and run smoothly for a bit. Ended up replacing the motor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72