One propeller running slower.

Reaction score
I had a minor crash (low speed, tips of a few props clipped off, no other visible damage). I did not fly it again right after the crash.

I bought new props and some prop guards which I installed. Now, when I start the motors with the combination stick command, the rear starboard prop spins very slowly.
I tried swapping the prop with the forward port prop in case it was somehow the prop, but the rear starboard prop was still the slow one.
I tried unscrewing the prop guards and reattaching it, with no change.
The motor is secure in it's position and when I spin the props by hand all of the props "feel" the same.

VIDEO of the prop speed difference: https://goo.gl/photos/wfgtARfGHo4UU8eDA

Any suggestions? Are there further diagnostics I can run? Is it likely the motor got damaged in the crash? Is it likely I've somehow messed up the mounting when attaching the prop guards?

1) ESC sustained damage in crash. Try swapping motors to see if problem moves with motor or remains on same arm.

2) Did you EVER use the longer motor screws WITHOUT the prop guards in place? If so the motor (coils) are likely damaged.

Any suggestions? Are there further diagnostics I can run?
We can possibly see where the issue is with the aircraft .dat file, however the standard does not report the motor speeds so it may be a bit more difficult to say for certain. If you care to do so you can pull the data file from the aircraft, per the link below. Once you have the correct file, you would need to upload that to a sharable site such as dropbox, google drive etc...and share a link back here to that as we can take a look. See this link:

Retrieve Aircraft Dat

My p3s has one bit slower but not that slow but flys just fine,,,,I also have a xiro explorer drone that on start only 3 spin till you flick 4th with finger and it's away,again flys just fine,,,just my opinion,,,if it sat upside down spinning and that motor could not then I be looking at esc but then you start to talk $$$$

My p3s has one bit slower but not that slow but flys just fine,,,,I also have a xiro explorer drone that on start only 3 spin till you flick 4th with finger and it's away,again flys just fine,,,just my opinion,,,if it sat upside down spinning and that motor could not then I be looking at esc but then you start to talk $$$$
Yes, i noticed that if i give the propeller a little spin it will spin like the other ones, but i dont feel safe flying like that. Can i trust it?

We can possibly see where the issue is with the aircraft .dat file, however the standard does not report the motor speeds so it may be a bit more difficult to say for certain. If you care to do so you can pull the data file from the aircraft, per the link below. Once you have the correct file, you would need to upload that to a sharable site such as dropbox, google drive etc...and share a link back here to that as we can take a look. See this link:

Retrieve Aircraft Dat
Thank you! I will have a look into it!

Reactions: Chrislaf
Hello Rod!

Thanks for the help. However i didn't really understand how i cuold use that to somehow fix my propeller.

I never got it fixed, it seem to fly fine. That was on November 10th.

December 15th, I had to go look for it.

What is important to me and or us, when you move the motor by hand does it act the same way as mine?

I have had two weird crashes both seem motor failure as a possibility.

The first one totaled it, I pulled the Black Box SD off the motherboard, but it is unreadable.

The second one is videos I'm sharing, It still flies, but it messed up the camera, this one was gave to me, but I call it a Loner. :)
I pulled the .dat file from it.

@Fly Dawg has looked at this file. And the flight log from the mobile device from the first crash.
Both cases the complete data, just isn't there.

I think we would all like you to upload the .dat file and share it.

The .dat file is kind of pain to grab, you need it all powered up, connected to a PC.

This was a mission gone wrong. :confused:
You need a computer to view the hub.
Mission Hub - Litchi

On the curve between WP #7 and WP #9, it decided to head home. It would never get to WP#8 because of the curve.

There should be three files on the OneDrive, its not a pretty sight. :oops:

Rod

Yes, i noticed that if i give the propeller a little spin it will spin like the other ones, but i dont feel safe flying like that. Can i trust it?
Well that is up to you,,I don't think mine have esc error of fault ,,once lift off RPMs are up unlike at at idle,,,I do trust mine like this but each to their own decisions,,,my p3s was brought back in 2016 and still the same one slightly slow motor on start,,,,I know they should all be the same but never gives me any issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RodPad
As mentioned in post #3, unfortunately the P3S does not record the motor RPM's. All of the other P3's and up do. This makes it difficult to diagnose an actual motor issue. An ESC issue, possibly, but not the motor itself. It dumbfounds me actually as to the reasoning that this data is not recorded, however, it is what it is. One would think that this is a rather important data point. JMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers