One Controller, Two Drones

HWB

Reaction score
I just purchased a second Phantom 3 and was wondering if it would be possible to fly both with one controller? Not only separately but at the same time?

Try it, I don't think you will be able to, you can only have one linked at a time.
But I do have an idea, I will get back with my theory. ;)

Rod

Reactions: BigAl07
The more I think about, nope.

The way I understand linking, the Phantom and the Remote exchange or save the others Mac address. One on the gimbal and the one on the remote.

Once a Phantom and Remote are linked and the gimbal is disconnected you can still fly it, but neither video or telemetry will be received by the remote. The status light on the remote will be red, the status light on the phantom will be green. You can't re-link a Phantom and Remote without the gimbal working. All this is a fact.

The secondary Phantom also needs to be linked to the remote. When you link it, the remote will have saved the Mac from the Gimbal, the Phantom will save the Mac from the remote. That seems like it would work.

But I bet it is level above that. More like the saved link could be Phantom Mac + Remote Mac = the link key.

Anybody got any thoughts?

@HWB,
That's all I got give it a try.
Both Phantoms status lights will have to be green, the remote doesn't matter.
The worst that could happen, you crash them both at the same time. :rolleyes:

Rod

Not at the same time no. You have to Bind/Link the Aircraft (Rx) to the controller (Tx). A Tx can't be "Linked/Bound" to two aircraft at the same time.

It would be like driving two cars with one steering wheel.:D:D
I'm glad the OP got his answer!
Your post made me think of this....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rod

That is so funny...…....

I'm glad the OP got his answer!
Your post made me think of this....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31