Okay to lose connection while waypoint flying?

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question and it also might already be answered but I have a p2v and a p3s and I was wondering if I could do I long waypoint mission and be okay if I lose video and remote connection. What would happen? Would the drone just return home or would it continue with the mission and then come home. Thank you!

Would the drone just return home or would it continue with the mission and then come home.
Assuming it had sufficient battery power, it would complete the mission.

I was wondering if I could do I long waypoint mission and be okay if I lose video and remote connection. What would happen? Would the drone just return home or would it continue with the mission and then come home.
A Litchi waypoint mission will continue if signal is lost.
Of course you would have to double check your route and heights to be absolutely certain that the route was safe and clear of obstacles.
Failing to do this is probably the #1 cause of crashes on waypoint missions.

Without connection, your bird's camera/gimbal won't focus on a point of interest and the entire flight won't show in airdata.com.

So I could attach a flaming bag of poo and send it on a one way mission to my ex wife's house beyond radio signal?

So I could attach a flaming bag of poo and send it on a one way mission to my ex wife's house beyond radio signal?
Nobody with any degree of intelligence or common sense will provide any response serving to confirm likely prospects of success or instruction for successful completion of that endeavour. The last thing we need is anyone using UAV for the proposed or like endeavours.

Nobody with any degree of intelligence or common sense will provide any response serving to confirm likely prospects of success or instruction for successful completion of that endeavour. The last thing we need is anyone using UAV for the proposed or like endeavours.
So that's a yes?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl