OK old man new guy questions.

Reaction score
I don't have or use an iPhone so how can I view what the drone sees? I think I would like to have a Phantom 4 if possible. I like the larger model for some reason. I flew RC helicopters a long time ago but they were very tricky to fly, so I built several and sold them. I think I would like to start with a good used one. If I can figure out how to view what the drone sees.

I don't have or use an iPhone so how can I view what the drone sees?
Attach one of these mobile devices to the remote controller. After installing DJI GO or DJI GO 4 (depending on what you're flying) on your mobile device, you'll be able to see the live view from the Phantom camera.

Do have any mobile device Tablet or Phone, Android or Apple?

Rod ..

Reactions: Gagey52
Please stay on this thread for your continuing questions.:)

Posted on the first thread.
"I see several ipads on marketplace for $50 and up. Will one of these work for me?"

I will send you a PM to explain. :)👌

Rod ..

Tablets and phones should work both apple and android, the catch is will operate with DJI go app?

You need to install the app on a mobile device to connect the drone for visual and a whole lot more (the app is free).

You can find what mobile devices work with DJI go on @msinger site.

Anybody got anything to add??

Rod ..

I would consider a used Phantom 4 Pro with a Controller that has the built in display as its much more simple than the Ipod setup but if you want something bigger than the apple ipad is the better way to go.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom 4 Pro in the Rain. Land on the Water.

CleanShot 2023-10-23 at 08.24.28@2x.jpg

Reactions: Gagey52 and RodPad
Thanks!
Can it operate any P4?
I have been interested in having a P4 for a while.

Rod ..

What you should do is look at the Phantom 4 V2 Pro that is the smartest move . I got stuck on the Phantom 4 Pro and was not able to use the RC pro Controller ,ugh
dont make that mistake when your buying used anyway. Not sure why your so hooked on the Phantom 4 and not the Pro ? is it just price ?

If you could get the those two items, you would also have excellent resale value when your ready to sell it back to upgrade to a much stronger signal drone using occusync 4.
Its Something to consider .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was just reading about the Phantoms on line and the 4 looked good. After reading and watching reviews on line I probably should try a Phantom 3 to get started. I believe I will hold out for a Phantom 3 with a screen in the controller. I will keep looking.

Thanks, I was just reading about the Phantoms on line and the 4 looked good. After reading and watching reviews on line I probably should try a Phantom 3 to get started. I believe I will hold out for a Phantom 3 with a screen in the controller. I will keep looking.
Only the P4 models have built in screen available, P3's need a phone or tablet. IPad mini 4 at least, mini 5 if considering upgrade to Mavic. I just sold a P4 (with standard rc) for $400, better deal than older P3's. More parts and accessories avail too.

Reactions: RodPad
Skip the Phantom 4. Find a Phantom4 Pro. Much better camera, same shape as a P4.
Also the P4 Pro can utilize a built in screen controller. The controller with screen is an Android device if you are comfortable with that system. I prefer the Apple device system myself. You can get a controller without the built in screen and use an iPad mini 4 or mini 5 and have plenty of screen to fly.

@watersteps.

You got 4 awesome members watching this thread, all of them know much more than I do about P4's.
I bet more than that are waiting for your next question. :) 👌

Keep the questions coming, I have already learned from this thread. 👍

Rod ..

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I will be getting an iPhone 10 from my daughter, to use as a viewing screen. Now I just need to wait until she tells me just who makes it and other info. Then I can see if it will work with the drone I decide to purchase.

I had look at what I have now, which is a iPhone 12 mini

iPhone's are apple, I think your good to go on the Phantom Platform, somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

@msinger list on mobile devices

I'm already lost again, I assume you need DJI Go for Phantoms. But there is a DJI Go 3 and DJI Go 4.

BTW (DJI GO) is one of the stupidest names for software I can think of. :rolleyes:

Rod ..

• Haha
iPhone is an Apple product. They work well with DJI products. I’m not sure about how well that model phone and its capabilities work with the Go4 app. I would need to do some research.

Update. I can’t find any information on an iPhone 10 probably because the specs I look to don’t show one. Apple seems to have skipped a 9 and 10 designation.
If you can find a model number on the back of the phone, that would help.
Look here to find Apple specs.

Last edited:
@Starz, thanks I hadn't look for those charts in awhile.

Always need somebody helping each other iPhone X?

That's how impressed I'm with the names, DJI GO, DJI Fly. :rolleyes:

Rod ..

OK let's see what feed back this will bring. When I get the iPhone from my daughter can I download the GO4 app and see if it works with this phone? Or must it be connected to a drone controller?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl