OK...Let's see your cases when packed!

That's cheap. I got mine at more than twice that amount. I don't own any other drone bag so I don't have anything to compare it with but I got this for the sole reason of not having to remove the props. Without the foam padding which you'll have to carve/cut out to fit your accessories, it's also easier to store additional equipment on the fly like tools, extra tablet, etc. It also offers decent protection but I wouldn't send it off with checked-in baggage.
I went back and picked one up. Even though I have the DJI hard sided backpack, I liked how open yours was. And for $49 bucks I knew I couldn't go wrong (I had said 45 earlier, it was 49).
Thanks for posting!
BTW - The Duluth GA Micro Center has 3 of the LowePro bags left at $49

Last edited:
Attached image of my backpack. Inside I have DBS mod, charger, and everything else!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 409
Reactions: Squirrel!
My freebie with purchase, lmao
Sorry about double post, learning how to use forum

Attachments

• 1467128773432.jpg
    1467128773432.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 446
Reactions: CocoTony
My freebie with purchase, lmao
Sorry about double post, learning how to use forum
I see you have the same case as I do, I never can get the remote to fit correctly.
When your viewing your post, there is a delete / edit button on the left side. I was always looking at the tools and right clicking. I was actually editing a post and then decided to delete it. I couldn't find away to delete it.

Here's my carrying bag. Bought it on eBay for $24 and change, shipped from within the US, arrived in a matter of days. Outer shell seems to be the same as a dozen other bags you can find on eBay and Amazon. I went for the cheapest I could find, as I had no reasons to believe the more expensive clones were actually better. The inner foam is made of several identical layers, glued together to form a single shell. Such layers are not very well aligned, and in any case the shell did require some mods:
- Biggest change was to cut out a rather large portion of the foam (on the left in the photo below) to make room for the props (and spares), which otherwise have no place to go. I did an approximate first cut to remove a big chunk of foam, then used some masking tape to mark where to cut and go straight, and it came out quite nice and clean. Took me forever to decide to do it, but it was well worth it and I strongly recommend it, you gain a lot of very usable space.
- The cutouts for the two batteries were too close, so I did remove a small portion on the opposite sides of the cutout to make room for the protruding connector block of the batteries (more difficult to explain than to do). That was enough to prevent them to be forced against each other.
- I did also cut 4 small squares at the bottom, where the landing gear pads are. This was done to let the P3S sit a few millimeters down in the foam, so the motor shafts don't stick out too much at the top.
- Added a small piece of very soft foam on the bottom, right where the camera sits, to help keeping the camera steady (even if I use the gimbal lock, of course).
- Major pain in the neck was to make room for the remote, since I have the Inspire 1 tablet mount (side note: well worth the price). Tried a few methods (Dremel, soldering iron, knife) and then settled for 60 or 80-grit sandpaper: it does leave a bit of a "hairy" finish, rather than the clean cut of a knife, but it allowed me to do curved surfaces and to work the foam a bit at a time. I used the same sandpaper method elsewhere around the remote, as the original cutout was a bit too tight.
- I got a piece of hard-density fiberboard (very cheap, from Home Depot) and cut 3 parts out of it: one shaped like the bag, which I keep on top of the foam cover and also acts as landing pad (painted black and with a DJI sticker on it to make it look better); another with identical shape but with big cutouts to make it lighter, at the bottom (under the foam); a third small piece between the foam shell and the bag itself (on the left side of the photo) to give a bit of extra protection and support, where I cut out the foam to make room for the props.

In the bag I also always carry my FAA registration, FAA LiPo rules, airline-specific LiPo rules, copy of my homeowner insurance (liability) and a copy of model aircraft regulations for the US (and countries where I'm going). Spare props, charger, tablet, lanyard, couple zip-ties, and that's about it.
It's not exactly a high-quality setup, but for the price quite frankly it does everything I need. Time will tell about durability etc.

P3S_4.jpg

Attachments

• P3S_1.jpg
    P3S_1.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 415
  • P3S_2.jpg
    P3S_2.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 413
  • P3S_3.jpg
    P3S_3.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 440
  • P3S_5.jpg
    P3S_5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 486
  • P3S_6.jpg
    P3S_6.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 468
  • P3S_7.jpg
    P3S_7.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Where you get dji sticker.

Not sure if you're referring to me, but in my case I simply used the small stickers that came with the drone. The one on the outside of the bag won't last long, I suppose, although it seems to stick much better than expected.

Last edited:
Sorry, not really a case, my phantom is usually stored in this tote. It is quick and easy to get and ready to fly. It rides quit nice in the back of a Yukon.
Usually the prop guards are installed so there is no stress on the props, this also raises it up, no need to use lens cap or gimbal lock, less stress for me and the gimbal.
Please note, you can't tell by the picture, but this tote has a solid bottom. This way all loose parts can easily be found on the bottom.
The only issues I have with this tote, is you could damage the Phantom if you trip or fall on it, or roll your vehicle while trying to get to that perfect take off point. All three times the insurance adjuster has gave me a hassle about replacing the phantom when a totaled out my vehicle. He told me to buy a solid case the first time. (Just kidding!)

View attachment 48585

:frowning::openmouth::neutral:

Reactions: RodPad
In the first picture, is that a second phone mount you have in the case? If so, how big is it and where did you get it?

One is the original phone mount and the other is a tablet mount for a iPad mini or small 7.9 tablet got it on wish.com for 11 dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4