Oh no!!!Mini hair line cracks...

Reaction score
I just called DJI, unfortunately, they can't help because it's not covered under the warranty. Under the right arm of my p3 Im starting to notice small hair line cracks on the shell. I don't want to send it in because it's not covered...so I'm kinda screwed. A new shell cost $600 which makes no sense...

Wondering if anyone else notice this or bothered to look?

Why is the shell so shitty? I had this same issue with my p2v+ but at least that had 200 flights(and the shell was cheap and easy to switch out)

I really believe it's caused by the vibrations from the gimbal in flight. Anyway... They are very small, so crazy clue to the rescue(I suppose)

Info:
23 flights
All hand caught
Carry it in my new hardshell backpack
Before I carried it in vanguard backpack

Yikes!

If it's any consolation, the shells are available without the internal electronics.
Much like you'd expect.

Sorry I can't provide a link but at least you know they'll be available.

Reactions: Bigdz
Yikes!

If it's any consolation, the shells are available without the internal electronics.
Much like you'd expect.

Sorry I can't provide a link but at least you know they'll be available.

Well...if you happen or anyone come across the link, please post it.

They are not menacing cracks very very small, I really had to look at them which initially I thought it was dirt or an actual hair. Just wish these frames were built better.

I have a crack around one of my motors and I have not downed the phantom. I superglued it. It's a design flaw. I believe the motor should have some sort of metal housing in the arm. Also believed the factory tightened the screw to the motor too tightly. DJI customer service is like getting a proctologist exam....so I'll live with it. BTW, shells will be around 60 bucks when they come out

Reactions: Bigdz
I have a crack around one of my motors and I have not downed the phantom. I superglued it. It's a design flaw. I believe the motor should have some sort of metal housing in the arm. Also believed the factory tightened the screw to the motor too tightly. DJI customer service is like getting a proctologist exam....so I'll live with it. BTW, shells will be around 60 bucks when they come out

Same here never crash it. Someone needs to come out with a design for a better shell, third party... I would definitely invest in that!!!!!

Interesting... My Phantom 3 dropped to the ground from 390 ft and it doesn't even have a scratch on the shell. Only the a small ding on the VPS and broken camera of course.

Interesting... My Phantom 3 dropped to the ground from 390 ft and it doesn't even have a scratch on the shell. Only the a small ding on the VPS and broken camera of course.
Ouch, any back story on how that happened? CSC? Fly into a bird? most importantly... video?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31