Cracks & Airworthiness

Reaction score
I became aware of hair line cracks under the rotorarms of my legendary P3 Standard two years ago. Using superglue I sealed these and carried on with no problems.

Tonight during an evening flight I noticed that two of my black dji carbon props were grating on the upper hull on descent.

Upon landing I tracked down the problem to expanding new cracks thus allowing the arm to over flex thus rubbing issue.

Is this the end off the line for my veteran legendary drone or is a fix possible ???

I have a P4 with a totally different arm design and a Sparky. Is P3 a museum piece now ????

Thanks for any opinions.

I've seen some YouTube videos using super glue AND baking soda to seal up a lot of breaks/cracks.
It makes a bond better than the super glue alone can do.
I've yet to try it but demos I've seen look promising. It's worth a shot to try.

Thanks to the advice here I got my motor mounts on eBay . What an elegant solution to the problem. P3 back in the air and I believe I have years of epic flights ahead. My operational fleet is still three aircraft. The P3 is the oldest drone I have and now almost 5 years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Good going. ? I just got done installing them on two P3P's this afternoon. I've gotten pretty fast at it. Take care fly happy. And safe ?
Capt KO where did you buy them at please didnt like the one i got

Dronsky,
Amazon Owoda brand $19.95 cnc alum.
Just ordered another set 10 minutes ago. So far very happy. And they look cool. Self-explanatory but be sure to use the supplied spacers in the rear holes. Have fun.

Dronsky,
Amazon Owoda brand $19.95 cnc alum.
Just ordered another set 10 minutes ago. So far very happy. And they look cool. Self-explanatory but be sure to use the supplied spacers in the rear holes. Have fun.
Thanks Capt Ko

The only snag I hit was for the inner screws. None of the Alan Keys I got in each of the packs could loosen these screws (there is also a cylindrical sleeve with these). In other words, I have the mounts secured with fours screws at each motor. I keep checking after each flight and everything seems absolutely perfect. An elegant solution to extend the life of this great drone - what is there not to like ?

The only snag I hit was for the inner screws. None of the Alan Keys I got in each of the packs could loosen these screws (there is also a cylindrical sleeve with these). In other words, I have the mounts secured with fours screws at each motor. I keep checking after each flight and everything seems absolutely perfect. An elegant solution to extend the life of this great drone - what is there not to like ?
The original screws, including the ones in the back, use T8. My Nanch set T8 fits all 6 but the one included does not fit the rear Stupid. I didn't know that until you just told me. I just went through a whole box of Allen wrenches and none will fit that screw only T8 Torx wrench will work. Sorry about that but I would recommend installing those rear screws. My Nanch set is $20 at Amazon. I'm sure you can get a T8 at a hardware store.
Note: The wrenches in the new set work with the new screws.

Last edited:
This inexpensive kit Will fix anything you need on a drone, and other household projects. Nanch $20 Amazon.

image.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1