Oh hell, ya just bought a machine that cost over a grand...

Reaction score
Don't you think you should read the manual before you go out and crash it?

Welcome fellow FC40'er.... Yes as always a good thing to read the manual... I gotta say, since I've been flying my P3P, it's hard to fly the FC40. I've started striping it down and selling parts.

Reactions: IflyinWY
blank stare.png
.................................................................................................................................

Reactions: IflyinWY
As the majority of us are testosterone fuelled males we regard manuals as being for wimps. Reading a manual is an admission of weakness and should only be attempted as a last resort.

I hope that answers your question.

Dude, just call me a little girl. I read so much (good and bad) before I flew my eyes bled. But I had plenty of time waiting for delivery LOL o_O

U guys make like this thing is a Ferrari. It's 1,300. They are disposable.

I hope to some day acquire the wealth to consider $1,300 disposable haha

Reactions: Otis and Bill7259
I flew a P2 all last summer so when I got the P3 last week it was pretty easy on the basic knowledge. But there is still a learning curve on the settings. But eventually solved all the little problems like video stuttering, where is the 'auto settings switch" and the like. What I wonder is, could a person with no tech knowledge or inclination, fly one these? Not for long and good chance he will be in tomorrows local paper.

I didn't say it to be a jerk but don't spend $1,300 on a drone u can't afford to lose. That's All. If you want more security, put $1300 into a Mutual Fund for god sakes. Lol

Reactions: Steve Moore
It's one thing to read the manual and it's another to learn the manual. I can say that I'm not fortunate enough to retain all of the information from reading the manual one or two times. Now, I've never crashed any of my Phantoms 1, 2, or 3 (yet), but I have made mistakes, and I've learned from those. I make sure I learn the basic functions of what to do in an emergency and that becomes routine until I learn it. All of us are very different, personality wise, and I'm not the one to read the manual over and over until I learn everything about it. Don't think because you've read the manual, you are now master. Speaking of not read the manual, I'm still trying to figure out if there is a Home Link. I went through all my settings and can't find it, I know it's there, so I guess I will have to dig some more through the manual. I'm sure if I asked on this forum, many would just say RTFM! hahaha.

Great replies folks, every one of you cracked me up.:D:D

I read the manual for my bird, then went out and crashed it a bunch of times. LOL :eek:

Great replies folks, every one of you cracked me up.:D:D

I read the manual for my bird, then went out and crashed it a bunch of times. LOL :eek:
Technically you are a P3 newbie!

Reactions: jlo and dirkclod
Don't you think you should read the manual before you go out and crash it?

Can confirm. Purchased a P2 and took it flying with little to no research at all. Ended up crashing twice (both videos are on my YouTube channel linked in my sig). Luckily I was able to repair the damage both times, didn't injure anyone, and was able to resell the units at a profit.

When I upgraded to the P3 I finally put in the time to do all the research that I could find, and am happy to report 30+ flights with nothing close to a crash.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic